Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails Betta tails???

Quote Originally Posted by moomer View Post
    I have been lusting after a Betta tail since I saw these! Hubby is also much more impressed by these than others on the market currently.
    He's even on board with one of these being my after baby present
    Come at me!
    I can't wait to see what people think too!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I'm pregnant right now too. He ordered one that'll fit during his pregnancy then I can get it taken in by a seamstress after lol. I've always wanted a betta tail so I'm really happy to see these being produced.
    Which one do you want to get? I have a top 5 list but they all look so great.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    I'm pregnant right now too. He ordered one that'll fit during his pregnancy then I can get it taken in by a seamstress after lol. I've always wanted a betta tail so I'm really happy to see these being produced.
    Which one do you want to get? I have a top 5 list but they all look so great.
    Oh congratulations!! Yay for merbabies!! How far are you along? I'm currently 31 weeks, so I'm happy to wait till after now

I am loving the sand colours. They just speak to me. A tie for second would be honey or red or black. I love the fade out of the colours. It's so pretty!!

I have wanted a Betta style is fluke for ages too! I keep designing my own at home to fit my Mahina, but it's nothing like these. These are incredible. But now I can build one based of one I buy! Yay!

Congrats to you too! I'm about 16 weeks.
    Sand was my second lol.
    Awesome betta mers forever! Oh wow you make your own, that's so cool. These really are incredible looking compared to other fabric tails I've seen on the market. The material is gorgeous online. lol that'll be fun plus you can customize it all you want with different fabric you pick out yourself since you'll be able to make your own.

Congrats to you too! I'm about 16 weeks.
    Sand was my second lol.
    Awesome betta mers forever! Oh wow you make your own, that's so cool. These really are incredible looking compared to other fabric tails I've seen on the market. The material is gorgeous online. lol that'll be fun plus you can customize it all you want with different fabric you pick out yourself since you'll be able to make your own.
    Ahhh!! The early days! That's so exciting

I have only made one fabric tail before, and that was just out of dance fabric. So it was nice and form fitting, but didn't really last too long.
    I have a bunch of scuba knit at home, waiting to be used. It's a thicker, 4 way stretch fabric, which is a dream to use. It's very easy to manipulate and sew. I was very excited to see that these Betta tails are made out of scuba knit!

I think I'll end up with the sand. It's just too pretty and it's wildy different from the fabric I already have.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Of course they release these AFTER I buy one of their pro tails! I MUCH prefer the color options on these, but I do like the pro fluke shape better (and the price).

THE FABRIC IS HEAVY WEIGHT SPANDEX for those curious. It's no neoprene, but it's pretty nice, much better than any other spandex I've seen in a tail so far.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

I got it in the mail today!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZ6PfpEGdg
    I'm eager for news on how it swims =O I've always wanted a betta tail, but want to know how this line feels and preforms.

Please do a review! I really want one, but I'm afraid it'll be super hard to swim in.

Woah! The colour is so vibrant!! It looks like it's been printed and produced really well. That scuba knit looks nice and thick.
    I didn't realise there was a monofin casing either, that's awesome.
    And those fins.

I cannot wait to see how you think it goes swimming.

I got it in the mail today!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZ6PfpEGdg
    Beautiful! Love what they've done with the scale highlights and the silver at the end.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

This is making me so excited for mine! Just sent final measurements this week!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Any news on how these pretties swim yet? I've got a soon-to-be mer friend who is hoping to get a tail, and really likes these, but if they drag too much it might not be the best option...

I just got mine! And I just got back from swimming in it!!! They are amazing, and swim super well. But they are heavy and I wouldn't recommend it to a new mer. That being said, any mer who has been swimming for years, you have to get one!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Just got mine in the mail today, and I'm sad to say I'm rather disappointed in it :C

The printing looks like they ran out of an ink color, the stitching feels off, the fins look rush-cut, and the main pectorals were found to be off-kilter from each other. Overall it just feels like it was a rush-job for something that cost over $300 for.. Not to mention the packaging was alarming in how it was handled, and the fluke had a very heavy insert of two vynil cut shapes inside for aesthetics instead of function efficiency..

I wish I could request a monetary refund for an item that did not match what they advertised, but sadly they only offer even value exchange or shop credit. Neither of which I'm in favor of considering that's a lot of money that would then just sit untouched and wasted..

What was advertised -
    https://www.swimtails.com/wp-content...-tail-sand.jpg

And what I got -

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e708/f...ee-dcawxgo.png

I'm.. not the kind who really wears green..
    Last edited by Ocoree; 05-07-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocoree View Post
    Just got mine in the mail today, and I'm sad to say I'm rather disappointed in it :C

The printing looks like they ran out of an ink color, the stitching feels off, the fins look rush-cut, and the main pectorals were found to be off-kilter from each other. Overall it just feels like it was a rush-job for something that cost over $300 for.. Not to mention the packaging was alarming in how it was handled, and the fluke had a very heavy insert of two vynil cut shapes inside for aesthetics instead of function efficiency..

I wish I could request a monetary refund for an item that did not match what they advertised, but sadly they only offer even value exchange or shop credit. Neither of which I'm in favor of considering that's a lot of money that would then just sit untouched and wasted..

What was advertised -
    https://www.swimtails.com/wp-content...-tail-sand.jpg

And what I got -

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e708/f...ee-dcawxgo.png

I'm.. not the kind who really wears green..
    That's weird. I got the same one, and it was perfect. Try calling and talking to them; maybe they can do something for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MerNetwork mobile app

Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Keto View Post
    That's weird. I got the same one, and it was perfect. Try calling and talking to them; maybe they can do something for you.

Definitely strange then. I got my order in before they were swamped and ran out of material, so it may have gotten buried in the 'get-this-out-as-fast-as-possible' as it sat for almost two months with no updates. I sent them an online ping for contact info, so we'll see.

Part of me just wants to not try to fight the headache of talking with them if they insist on credit only, and see what I can do to salvage the tail I have with at least texturing the fins better and doing something about the bottom edge of the fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocoree View Post
    Definitely strange then. I got my order in before they were swamped and ran out of material, so it may have gotten buried in the 'get-this-out-as-fast-as-possible' as it sat for almost two months with no updates. I sent them an online ping for contact info, so we'll see.

Part of me just wants to not try to fight the headache of talking with them if they insist on credit only, and see what I can do to salvage the tail I have with at least texturing the fins better and doing something about the bottom edge of the fluke.
    That could definitely be a possible explanation. Either way, it sucks and I'm sorry. They didn't contact me either for a while, so I was concerned. I called them and they are super nice. I would give it a try.

To me Ocoree the images look almost identical...it definitely looks green in the stock image.

I placed my order a few weeks ago and customer service was amazing. I spoke to them over the phone about the fit, what size I should order and how long the current wait time would be.

So if you're unsatisfied wit your tail I would shoot them a message about it on Facebook, as they usually respond rather quickly ans the owner seems to really care.

That being said I can't wait to get mine in the mail! I'm super excited

Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Hmm, perhaps.. I think a big part of it is I was expecting something different than what I got. Question is now getting my roommate to get off my back about the tail's condition. I'm personally willing to go through and clean up the areas where it's more straight cut than rounded, and see what I can do about the fluke at least to make it feel more natural.

I'd call them first, many places void the warranty if it looks like the customer has tried to fix things themselves. Hope you get it sorted out!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000