Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 77

Thread: Swimtails Betta tails???

  1. #41
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Ocoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    117
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Lol, yeah I'm familiar with the warranties having worked retail. Thing is mulling over this all afternoon and during work has induced more stress than I cared to have, and I haven't even put the silly thing on yet!

  2. #42
    I got the Sand Betta too, and while I can see a couple spots where it's obvious it was hand cut in the fins, nothing looks off to me. Just as the was described and in the picture. Which I have to agree, I see as green as well. What color were you expecting? It could just be a variation in monitors.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  3. #43
    So how does the fluke hold itís shape in the water? Do they have something in there? I really love the look of these tails, but that price for essentially a spandex tail(unless I misunderstood what sort of fabric they use)? I understand itís a huge fluke and thatís a lot of fabric, but I Iím on the fence.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    So how does the fluke hold itís shape in the water? Do they have something in there? I really love the look of these tails, but that price for essentially a spandex tail(unless I misunderstood what sort of fabric they use)? I understand itís a huge fluke and thatís a lot of fabric, but I Iím on the fence.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    There are two vinal cutouts that mimic the shape of the fluke you see that you sandwich the monofin in (just like the finfolk fabric tails as well).

    The fabric is a thick scuba knit spandex. It has a weight to it, but still isn't neoprene. It will be more durable than standard spandex though.

    You can find videos of it on the swimtails Instagram, and I hope to have a full unboxing/swim/and review video out sometime this week.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  5. #45
    So here's how the inside works. I DO NOT RECOMMEND REMOVING IT. it's just the biggest pain. Lol

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  6. #46
    So how do you rinse it properly if you don't remove the vinyl? It's a pain with the finfolk tails too, but the vinyl is such a trap for moisture and other gunk that I worry it won't clean and dry properly if you don't remove it after every swim.

    Edit: I feel I should remind everyone that most of the preview images Swimtails uses are not photographs of actual tails, but rather digital renderings of the designs. Some of the tails they offer probably aren't even made until after somebody orders them. They don't do many photoshoots with actual models.
    Last edited by BlueCorvidae; 05-13-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    So how do you rinse it properly if you don't remove the vinyl? It's a pain with the finfolk tails too, but the vinyl is such a trap for moisture and other gunk that I worry it won't clean and dry properly if you don't remove it after every swim.

    Edit: I feel I should remind everyone that most of the preview images Swimtails uses are not photographs of actual tails, but rather digital renderings of the designs. Some of the tails they offer probably aren't even made until after somebody orders them. They don't do many photoshoots with actual models.
    Right now I don't have a place to dry it, but when I get to the new house I'm going to figure out a way to to hang it for rinsing and drying. All my other fabric tails I've just laid out places and now worries about it. I will, occasionally remove it but it's difficult and I don't recommend removing it regularly for that. It will cause a lot of stress on the seam by the zipper.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  8. #48
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southern California, Dallas Tx
    Posts
    1,523
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    I think the batta tails look really cool how is the drainage?
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

    Website:
    TailsAndTiaras.com

  9. #49
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Ocoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    117
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Heh, could be a monitor difference. I was more or less expecting a richer/darker tone with the tail when it was coming.

    Lol, and of course one says don't remove the inserts after I had done that at least once, so I'll agree they are a butt to get back in! Also at least one mystery answered too in what the flipping heck the inserts were there for! Seeing it all assembled makes a lot more sense, because my box didn't have anything hinting at what to do with the silly thing, and it just looks plain funky with only the mahina inside, or on top of the insert!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocoree View Post
    Heh, could be a monitor difference. I was more or less expecting a richer/darker tone with the tail when it was coming.

    Lol, and of course one says don't remove the inserts after I had done that at least once, so I'll agree they are a butt to get back in! Also at least one mystery answered too in what the flipping heck the inserts were there for! Seeing it all assembled makes a lot more sense, because my box didn't have anything hinting at what to do with the silly thing, and it just looks plain funky with only the mahina inside, or on top of the insert!
    Mine came all put together. Did yours not?

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I think the batta tails look really cool how is the drainage?
    Since the fabric is a thick scuba knit, it drains well. There's no drain holes in the bottom, but it doesn't bubble or hold water that I can tell at all.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  12. #52
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bis9ni3lDHg/

    Here's a link to Instagram clips if yall haven't seen it in the water yet.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  13. #53
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southern California, Dallas Tx
    Posts
    1,523
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    After watching your video, I can kinda guess a theory as to why the Mahina was used.
    Theory: Mahina might provide more support along the sides as apposed to another monofin. Though now that I think about it- a Rapid might have been a better idea since it is around the same shape. And the plastic of the fin part might have added to the strength of the fluke.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

    Website:
    TailsAndTiaras.com

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    After watching your video, I can kinda guess a theory as to why the Mahina was used.
    Theory: Mahina might provide more support along the sides as apposed to another monofin. Though now that I think about it- a Rapid might have been a better idea since it is around the same shape. And the plastic of the fin part might have added to the strength of the fluke.
    You could always order it without a monofin and put a rapid in. A friend I was swimming with today had a slightly modified rapid and it would have definitely fit in this.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  15. #55
    Unboxing

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKPRfPOBdzM

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  16. #56
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Ocoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    117
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    Mine came all put together. Did yours not?
    Nu, I had ordered my fin separate for the purpose of in the event that I got other skins for it, I'd rather have the black fin instead of the chances of the blue or orange showing through.

    Seeing it in action though makes the insert look like it belongs in the tail, and the skin darkens in the water to about where I was thinking it would look, so there's that at least. Plus seeing the insert working as a way to reduce drag bubbles helps a lot too!
    Last edited by Ocoree; 05-14-2018 at 09:56 PM. Reason: brain-farted in mid-sentence

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocoree View Post
    Nu, I had ordered my fin separate for the purpose of in the event that I got other skins for it, I'd rather have the black fin instead of the chances of the blue or orange showing through.

    Seeing it in action though makes the insert look like it darkens in the water to about where I was thinking it would look, so there's that at least. Plus seeing the insert working as a way to reduce drag bubbles helps a lot too!
    I'm glad I helped!!

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

  18. #58
    Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    aberdeen, washington
    Posts
    128
    swimtails released the matching tops for the bettas and sirens! at last!
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch


  19. #59

    Swimtails behind on shipping days?

    So I ordered one of these, but it's taking forever to get here! On their site it says it will take up to 4 weeks, but I ordered mine over 5 weeks ago and still no shipping confirmation. Anyone else struggling with this?? I've probably called their phone at least 15 different times to receive updates, but they don't answer and their voicemail doesn't work. I feel like if I want to get a hold of them I have to dedicate a whole day to nagging them via PM on Instagram before they'll answer me. :P I'm in a show at an aquarium and I was hoping to wear the tail this Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm just so excited for this tail and I'm so bummed it's taking this long! Thoughts??
    Last edited by SirenStella; 10-09-2018 at 11:25 PM. Reason: misspellings

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenStella View Post
    So I ordered one of these, but it's taking forever to get here! On their site it say it will take up to 4 weeks, but I ordered mine over 5 weeks ago and still no shipping confirmation. Anyone else struggling with this?? I've probably called their phone at least 15 different times to receive updates, but they don't answer and their voicemail doesn't work. I feel like if I want to get ahold of them I have to dedicate a whole day to nagging them via PM on Instagram before they'll answer me. I'm in a show at an aquarium and I was hoping to wear the tail this Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm just so excited for this tail and I'm so bummed it's taking this long! Thoughts??
    I ordered 8 weeks ago and contacted them at 7 weeks. They only replied on Facebook comment and were otherwise unreachable. If you manage to get a hold of anyone please let me know how as they apologised and then no follow up...

    Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •