Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Swimtails Betta tails???

That's so frustrating! I'm a business major and my husband has his degree in Business Management. Good customer service (actually talking to your customers) is business 101. The fact that this company still has yet to figure this out is more than a little obnoxious. I actually got them to call me (by messaging them my phone number and telling them to call me) and I spoke with Doug. Doug is awesome, (pretty much the best thing about this company's behind the scenes work) and he answered all of my questions I had. Getting a hold of him (or anyone), though, was extremely difficult. I'll let you know if I get a response this time.

I know I was looking at their sea goddess tail with grabby hands but I'm kinda glad I ended up not going for it.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Did a video on this whole updated situation
    https://youtu.be/qHeQf_nejF0

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Still no refund from my oct 18 order... and I'm getting blasted with new emails from them about new sales >.<

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Has anyone else had issues getting orders? I want to order from them in a month or so for a betta tail. They match my natural hippocampus tail so well...

Can anyone tell me the best way to store and dry these tails? I've only had Fin Fun so I have no experience with bigger stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Has anyone else had issues getting orders? I want to order from them in a month or so for a betta tail. They match my natural hippocampus tail so well...

Can anyone tell me the best way to store and dry these tails? I've only had Fin Fun so I have no experience with bigger stuff.
    My experience with them was great but that was before they got hella popular. They did make an announcement that they have revised how they do things since they didn't expect to get so popular so fast and are a small company.

That being said, I have a betta tail from them and love it. I lay it out flat in my garage to dry, have washed it before on a gentle setting in the washer as needed (then lay it out to dry). Getting the vinyl sheets out that hold the shape can be a little tedious, but I have a YouTube video up showing how I do it when I need to.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    My experience with them was great but that was before they got hella popular. They did make an announcement that they have revised how they do things since they didn't expect to get so popular so fast and are a small company.

That being said, I have a betta tail from them and love it. I lay it out flat in my garage to dry, have washed it before on a gentle setting in the washer as needed (then lay it out to dry). Getting the vinyl sheets out that hold the shape can be a little tedious, but I have a YouTube video up showing how I do it when I need to.

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure now after reading so much if I should order from them or not. A friend of mine order one last year and had no problems, but yeah that was before current issues. I found another thread here where people are waiting on tails or refunds. It really sucks because there aren't many tailmakers who have tails that fit the Mahina (this one, Magictails, and Mermaid Inc are the ones I know).

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure now after reading so much if I should order from them or not. A friend of mine order one last year and had no problems, but yeah that was before current issues. I found another thread here where people are waiting on tails or refunds. It really sucks because there aren't many tailmakers who have tails that fit the Mahina (this one, Magictails, and Mermaid Inc are the ones I know).
    Their response to the issues, including the refund and such issues. It's up to you, but I would order from them again in a heartbeat.

Store Blog

I have been in repeated contact with them. Lots of pretty promises STILL NO REFUND despite claiming it has been processed twice.

They have offered me custom colors and 25% off which would be great but then they disappear again.

I definitely feel more like I'm getting delayed more than i am getting actual help or resolution.

I am definitely not happy right now and I'm trying my darndest to give them a second chance!

My friends who donated almost $500 are confused by my efforts. I just want my tail!

At this point its been 4 months since i ordered my tail. I've missed xmas, and will probably still not have my tail by my bday in april since I'm broke until i get that refund from swimtails at this point it looks like i won't even get my tail by my wedding in Hawaii and that was my whole dream :'(
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    I have been in repeated contact with them. Lots of pretty promises STILL NO REFUND despite claiming it has been processed twice.

I am definitely not happy right now and I'm trying my darndest to give them a second chance!

Store Blog

Personally I'm giving them one more week to get back to me with something concrete before just accepting i got scammed and fighting them through my bank.

I adore those betta tails. They are by far my favorite design in that price range, and I've seen a few on IG and they make me drool :/
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    Personally I'm giving them one more week to get back to me with something concrete before just accepting i got scammed and fighting them through my bank.

I adore those betta tails. They are by far my favorite design in that price range, and I've seen a few on IG and they make me drool :/
    I love love love my betta tail.

I've been told by a Swimtails rep that all refunds and such are going through a merchant company called Stripe now so it might just be Stripe that's slow. They tolde to let everyone know to email them at support@swimtails.com and they'll do e erythong they can to work it out between yall. They're really fast to respond on Instagram whenever I message them too. I hope it all gets sorted out.

Store Blog

Luckily I have to wait until I save up for the tail, so I hope by then they will 1) have business functioning normally and 2) have the bass tail they teased released. I'm torn between that and the betta, IF Swimtails gets better. It sucks so much for me because finding brown/lake-y fabric tails (without me having to buy a new monofin) is really hard. Then I ran into all this, and then saw the threads, the F rating on BBB, etc.

Luckily I have to wait until I save up for the tail, so I hope by then they will 1) have business functioning normally and 2) have the bass tail they teased released. I'm torn between that and the betta, IF Swimtails gets better. It sucks so much for me because finding brown/lake-y fabric tails (without me having to buy a new monofin) is really hard. Then I ran into all this, and then saw the threads, the F rating on BBB, etc.
    Yea I feel you. I know they're trying and since I'm local I know how small they are. They really didn't expect to blow up like that so theyre working on it, which they acknowledged in the apology on insta.

Store Blog

Its nice to have the input from here too. I'll try and ride this out a while more. I know what its like to have a business partner tank your business so i will keep biting my nails until they get back to me again.

Its SO much harder than if i alone had paid for this as i feel so much pressure to get results :/
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

https://coag.gov/node/20335

Sadly they disappeared again, and i got my official bbb response.

I have filed a complaint with the colarado ag, and they said if you guys have also been defrauded by swimtails, esp. If you live in colorado, they really need your reports.

The above link is to the ag report page.

This isn't vindictive but it does need to be done. They aren't taking the new profits for old refunds they are just taking it!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

it's a damn shame, the betta tails have really caught me! and i can't find anyone else that makes them. Went looking and finding people from as late as 03/2019 complaning abount no refunds and no response, (BBB) When I made a coment on the FB page a few days ago, about how I did not like the V on a tail I got a respone right away saying they would take special orders.... (glad I checked first) Nope I do not think so... May even try to make my own if I get froggy enough to try LOL