Thread: Greetings from Merman Chris

Greetings from Merman Chris

Hello MerNetwork!

Long time lurker, but I never really had the courage to join up until now. I'm an avid swimmer, and after seeing how big a following mermaiding has, I thought it would be a fun thing to be part of. I like to make my own tails, I have a spandex tail, and a much nicer looking neoprene/latex one currently a work in progress. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I'm glad to have finally signed up.

Welcome and likewise, Chris. Good to see fellow mermen joining up!

Have fun swimming around Mernetwork and making lots of new merfriends. Do show us your tail when it's done!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Welcome! If you were to start a tailmaking thread, I would love to see your progress; self-made tails are the bomb.
    I’m curious - could we see your spandex tail, or hear a description of it? No pressure or anything if you’re not comfortable with posting pics.
    Can’t wait to get to know you!
    P.S. Nice username.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Welcome! If you were to start a tailmaking thread, I would love to see your progress; self-made tails are the bomb.
    Well, I considered making a tailmaking thread for my tail, but I'm already far ahead in progress. I began work on it last August, and I've got a decent amount of work done on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    I’m curious - could we see your spandex tail, or hear a description of it? No pressure or anything if you’re not comfortable with posting pics.
    Oh, boy. Where do I begin with this one?

Name:  Spandex_Tail.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  227.5 KB

Considering this is my first attempt at tailmaking, I think I did a fair job, but I got way too ambitious with painting it and now it looks like a kid's art project. That's why I even chose to make a new tail, it's got the same color scheme, but some of the designs are more refined, and it will look a lot better when it comes to detail. I suppose I can start a tailmaking thread, maybe later tonight. But at least this little embarrassment will give some context into what I'm doing.

Seriously though, I know it was my first try, but I wouldn't even be caught on a hook in that tail.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDemonChris View Post

Oh, boy. Where do I begin with this one?

Name:  Spandex_Tail.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  227.5 KB

Considering this is my first attempt at tailmaking, I think I did a fair job, but I got way too ambitious with painting it and now it looks like a kid's art project. That's why I even chose to make a new tail, it's got the same color scheme, but some of the designs are more refined, and it will look a lot better when it comes to detail. I suppose I can start a tailmaking thread, maybe later tonight. But at least this little embarrassment will give some context into what I'm doing.

Seriously though, I know it was my first try, but I wouldn't even be caught on a hook in that tail.
    Not gonna lie, I can’t help but agree with you on the paint job. But that’s a really cool color scheme and I LOVE the side fins. I hope you like the way your current project turns out!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app