Thread: What do you do as an everyday mermaid?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace

What do you do as an everyday mermaid?

I love taking walks in the rain, collecting pearls, and sketching flukes in my notebook. My classmates may or may not think I'm a little bit crazy.

What do you guys do?
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Holly View Post
    I love taking walks in the rain, collecting pearls, and sketching flukes in my notebook. My classmates may or may not think I'm a little bit crazy.

What do you guys do?
    If I really know someone and trust them with my mermaid secret I talk to them about it. It makes an interesting conversation

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Sketch out billions of tail designs that will probably never become a reality, look at my shell and river rock collections, and practice my siren song.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

So. Many. Mermaid. Drawings.

I’ve also been collecting mermaid stuff for years, plus my friends give me mermaid themed gifts whenever a gift giving occasion comes around. Wearing some pretty pearls or using my mermaid stationary helps me get through long winters on land lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I have a little wave tattoo on my ankle as a constant reminder. I collect anything ocean related, listen to groovy beach music CONSTANTLY, draw out little mermaids and sea life, etc etc. Read lots of mermaid/sea creature related books.

Everytime my friends or colleagues speak about mermaid stuff, i always act like i'm not interested...when in reality, i have a long blue tail just hanging in my closet xD
    The world sees us as Merfolk
    We see ourselves as a Pod, as a family
    We live to swim

I'm either at swim practice, animating, or drawing.
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

Well, I for one actually appeared to my job's bake off as my mermaid self!! I like to think that played a part in us winning second place lol! I also collect shells anytime I can, surround myself with blue and use mermaid accessories here and there, and swim of course!! If it's too cold, I just sit out and enjoy the sounds of the crashing waves.

Writing this made me crave a trip to Sanibel Island