I bounce back and forth between South Carolina and GA right now but when I am in GA I am close to Atlanta and would absolutely LOVE to help with organizing a meet up for those of us in the area since it doesnt seem like there is one yet.
I also play D&D and find LARPing amazing but have never found a group/participated.
As far as the Mermaid swim classes: I have been searching high and low for some and found one but the Mer who offered them just moved to Key west so now there are no classes anywhere nearby. at least none that I can find. So if you have found someone willing to teach one you can definitely count me in for them!

Thank you so much for listing off all these great places to go meet!I havent heard of or been to any of them besides Helen. It would be amazing to set up a meeting in Helen. There are a lot of really nice Cabins up there that we may even be able to rent for a weekend on the mountain as a Pod.
I will be more permanently in GA by the end of this year. But can easily plan to be there for specific weekends or even full weeks if I know far enough ahead to be able to ask off.