Thread: Retiring a fabric tail...crafty uses for it?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

Retiring a fabric tail...crafty uses for it?

My Fin Fun magenta Mermaiden tail is almost 4 years old. It has had a really good run and is starting to pill badly and look blah. Right now, it is my "pool only" tail that I can take to places with rough pools and not care what happens. I don't feel up to selling it cuz I have the matching bikini set in great shape still and I will not sell the bikini set cuz I love it, but no point having that and no tail. Has anyone done something creative with old fabric tails...kinda like how you can make bags from old jeans...something like that?

You could turn it into a pillow. Sew the edges and stuff it. Not sure how that would look though, with it having so much damage :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Chloe-Marie View Post
    You could turn it into a pillow. Sew the edges and stuff it. Not sure how that would look though, with it having so much damage :/

I don't think it's pilling bad enough that it would be a big deal ��. Cute idea...mermaid body pillow lmao. Probably not in my lifetime tho.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    A bag for your next tail.
    Formerly known as ireneho

On the bag idea you could make a little bag to hold goggles, eye drops, ect to keep at the pool side while you swim

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    I dont need help growing up, I drink milk! -Ruby Rose

A bag would be cool. Altho I've no clue where to begin on one. Should I use the fluke and scales or just one part...?

Actually, there's enough material for two bags. One scales and one fluke. Or you could sew them together with the fluke pointed up and use the monofin opening as one pouch opening and use the scales portion as a second pouch.

I was thinking about using the fluke like that, but it's going to make a small bottom and be pretty shallow. (Since it is basically an inverted triangle of sorts.) It would be good as a little water-side bag for junk like goggles and whatnot.