Thread: The future of mermaiding

The future of mermaiding

Do you think mermaiding will still exist in the future like in 2050 I think we need to do more and try a prevent tail more tail bans a lot more pools are putting bans on mermaid tails and it becoming a worse ever year they will probably ban them from being being sold if we don’t do anything about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seaair16 View Post
    Do you think mermaiding will still exist in the future like in 2050 I think we need to do more and try a prevent tail more tail bans a lot more pools are putting bans on mermaid tails and it becoming a worse ever year they will probably ban them from being being sold if we don’t do anything about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    At the same time, mermaiding is becoming more popular, and a lot of news stations are covering "the new trend" (that's been around since the early 2000's but whatevs). I think it's just important that we make sure people are seeing REAL mermaids, not just kids whose parents put them in a tail when they can't swim. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what we can do besides petition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, mermaiding will exist as long as I exist, because I am a mermaid. I was a mermaid long before I found the mercommunity. That was just an added bonus. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the mercommunity, and I hope it never dies. But I think, worst case scenario, it will go back to how it was before the general public knew about mermaiding: you dive in without asking, maybe get kicked out, maybe not, and if you're lucky, other mers in your area have discovered a beautiful, unguarded swimming hole. I don't think those of us who are mermaids at heart will stop mermaiding just because pools ban tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ^
    all of what Kali said.

While tails and stuff are fun for children, the main image of a mermaid should be a grown woman who knows what she's doing.
    We have many great freediving women (and men!) who fit that bill, they were around long before tailmakers and "the trend" was a thing, and I wager they'll be around after as well.

While I'm not happy about banned tails or fins, I can live with it.
    It doesn't change what I like and what I do, just makes practicing a bit more difficult.
    It's very bad for those with no access to natural waters of course, but there are alternatives.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    As long as the concept of mermaids exist, there will be people who like to dress up as them, ha ha. The popularity of mermaiding will wax and wane, but it's gonna be around for a long, long time. Even if a lot of pools ban tails, many mers will still find a way.