Thread: Fabric to silicone

Fabric to silicone

So my first fabric tail came in yesterday (huzzah!) and im curious how swimming in a fabric tail differs from silicone (in areas besides weight and propulsion and such) so i can practice good habits with it so if i ever upgrade to a silicone i wont have to break the habits then..
    So how does the swimming technique differ? Can you still stand upright in a silicone tail or is that damaging? How about avoiding scraping the pool? Obviously you avoid doing so with fabric but its not such a huge deal if you tear a cheaper tail. How do you handle curious kiddos? Do kids ever try to tug on your fins? If so what do you do?
    Thanks! Sorry this post probably sounds like gibberish, im tired lol

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

A lot of people come to think of their first tail as a ‘beat up’ tail. Inevitably you’re going to scrap and bump it. The things I had the hardest time with was remember not to stand in it (even though we all do at some point) and getting used to how wide the fluke was. I bumped it against a lot of pool sides and bottoms before I got to a point where I knew how much room I need to maneuver with it. Most silicone flukes are even bigger, so that’s something you’ll want to be careful with. Also, get in the habit of sitting on a towel or other surface. It’s not a big deal with fabric, but if you upgrade to a silicone or sequin tail then concrete or rocks will scrape them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk