Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mahina with Fabric Fantasea Tailskin

  1. #1

    Mahina with Fabric Fantasea Tailskin

    I wanted a wearable tail with minimal fuss to go over the Mahina and I think I got it. The fantasea tail does fit over the mahina without altering because you can push the foot straps through the fin hole, but it strains the fabric.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ryde, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,253

    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Cut bevel edges, otherwise they'll wear holes in your tail.
    Formerly known as ireneho

  3. #3
    Good call, thank you I will.

  4. #4
    does the fabric still stretch when the monofin is in the tailskin?

  5. #5
    Is there a way to roll the Mahina up and slide it down through the waist opening? Then unroll it once the fin points are in the fin holes? Thanks for trying this- Iím just about to purchase 2 skins from there to try, but I hate having to return stuff. I definitely donít want to cut my Mahina.... so glad I found this post!!

  6. #6
    Saw this a few days ago and remembered this thread! Found in the professional mermaid performers facebook group from The Harlem Mermaid.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdmaid Faith View Post
    Saw this a few days ago and remembered this thread! Found in the professional mermaid performers facebook group from The Harlem Mermaid.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

    it looks like the tailskin stretches alot will this ruin it?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ryde, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,253

    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    If you overstretch spandex, it'll will ruin the integrity of the fabric. You'll find that the fluke area loosen up faster than the rest of the tail. If the fabric is printed, the image becomes distorted and sheer. The fabric that sits on the edge of the fin will wear out easier. It is a white line or white rubbed area.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 07-02-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    If you overstretch spandex, it'll will ruin the integrity of the fabric. You'll find that the fluke area loosen up faster than the rest of the tail. If the fabric is printed, the image becomes distorted and sheer. The fabric that sits on the edge of the fin will wear out easier. It is a white line or white rubbed area.
    in the first picture (the mahina with the key largo tailskin) it doesn't look like it stretches but in the second with the condy anemone tailskin it looks like it stretches
    I just want to know if it stretches or not because i'm interested in getting one for my mahina but i don't want it to fall apart easily

  10. #10
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ryde, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,253

    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by -Mermaid Amber- View Post
    in the first picture (the mahina with the key largo tailskin) it doesn't look like it stretches but in the second with the condy anemone tailskin it looks like it stretches
    I just want to know if it stretches or not because i'm interested in getting one for my mahina but i don't want it to fall apart easily
    Depends on whether or not you're going to cut your Mahina. If you don't cut it, my reasoning applies because the Mertailor skins are not made for the Mahina monofin. The size difference is huge. And the cut is also different.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •