Thread: Tarte Be a Mermaid Makeup Line

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace

Tarte Be a Mermaid Makeup Line

I recently received from my wonderful Aunt, a few items from the Be a Mermaid and Make Waves collection by Tarte, and thought I'd share it here!

Packaging: Absolutely beautiful! I got the brush set and eyeshadow palette and both come in gorgeous holographic, scale boxes. The brushes are wrapped in mermaid print tissue paper, which is absolutely adorable!

First impressions: The eyeshadow comes in a greenish, holographic container, shaped like a shell! It seems very sturdy and incredibly neat! The brush set comes with five synthetic brushes, with holographic tail handles. They do feel a little bit bristley, but not bad at all.

Inside the clam shell is a mirror that says: 99% mermaid. It contains 14 different colors mostly in greens and purples with hilarious names like 'shell yeah' and 'nude beach'. There are both matte and shimmery finishes. As I have yet to search them, I'm not sure about the texture or color payoff.

Overall, I can't wait to try these, and I'll post more pictures when I do!

Do you have any of the items in this collection? Do you like them? Share your thoughts!Name:  20180405_082746.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  95.7 KBName:  20180405_082907.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  126.9 KBName:  20180405_082933.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  118.9 KBName:  20180405_082959.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  78.0 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

More picsName:  20180405_083314.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  109.0 KBName:  20180405_083306.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  86.7 KB

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

I saw that compact, it's lovely in person, but I couldn't justify the 45$ since I didn't see if it contained parabens.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    They look great but I think they're way too expensive. The brushes are no different than the 9$ ones on Amazon that I already have lol

Very true, though I didn't get a choice based on price, as they were a gift.

I have the mascara and one of the lipsticks and they’re both awesome. The mascara is just their usual formula with a green make-over, but I love it anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh, now I've got to avoid Sephora until they stop selling this because I sure don't need more makeup, but how can I possibly resist?! Lol!

Lol