Thread: Hi! :)

Hi! :)

Hi everyone! ^_^ Just wanted to introduce myself.

Some quick facts:
    1. My name is Ayesha.
    2. I'm from Pakistan.
    3. I'm Muslim (and Hijabi - by choice!); I started wearing the hijab about 2.5 years ago.
    4. I'm a SunTail mermaid right now, but obsessed with FinFolk and Mertailor. Once I start working, I'm planning to get a seawhip spellbound tail from Mertailor. Edit: I have a Finfolk Productions Aqua Fairy now too !
    5. I moved around A LOT growing up because my dad's job, and still do. Shout out to my fellow TCK's! I've lived in 3 continents and 5 countries (excluding Pakistan). I currently live in the US - working on my master's and Ed.S. degrees - but planning to move somewhere over the rainbow again soon! Hard for me to keep still :P.
    6. I have been OBSESSED with mermaids since as long as I can remember. I used to flop around on the floor pretending I was one when I was a toddler, lolol. #NoShame
    7. My old username was Jalpuri, and is the Urdu & Hindi word for "Mermaid".
    8. My mermaid name is inspired by my Neopets pet's name, hahaha.
    9. The only ocean/sea I've currently ever swan as a mermaid is in the Arabian Sea in Saudi Arabia! I think I might be the first/only mermaid to have swam there but who knows! Also, I was thinking of making my username Desert Mermaid, because I mostly grew up in the middle of the Arabian desert (okay... okay :P it was a small little gated community, but it was still in the middle of the desert!) but I think that name is already taken.
    10. I'm still working on my "mersona", but my dream mermaid tail colors are a mix of hot pink, baby pink, and a super icy artic blue.

I don't think there are many Muslim / Hijabi / Desi / Arab mermaids here - or in the world at all, as of yet - so if you have questions regarding those things, I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM . I should clarify: I'm Desi, NOT Arab, but I mostly grew up in the Middle East so I can try to answer any questions, based on my experiences . My biggest pet peeve is when people assume something about me because of the way I choose to dress, or my skin tone, or even better: both of those combined, haha, so please ask away!

Non-mer related things about me : I'm super open minded and liberal. My boo / future merwrangler is an amazing man named Armin, from Slovenia <3. Oh, and I have a photography instagram account with my brother Adeen. Follow us - A.Z.S.Photography! Also, here's my blog's link: http://www.diaryofadesitck.com/ Um... I love chocolate... Is it obvious that I can't think of anything else? hahaha.

Here are some recent-ish pictures of me: one two three

I can't think of anything else to say, so I'll post this now. Looking forward to meeting all you lovely mers <3! Sending you all love and peace!
    Last edited by MermaidAphrolila; 02-28-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Welcome! I love your makeup in that first picture! (And I hope this doesn’t come off as awkward or creepy but...) you’re really pretty.
    Do you have any drawings of your dream tail design? It sounds really cool and I’d love to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Hiya Jalpari! Welcome to the Network! Man, I wish I could visit even a couple other countries outside of US and Canada - maybe sometime in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Welcome! I love your makeup in that first picture! (And I hope this doesn’t come off as awkward or creepy but...) you’re really pretty.
    Do you have any drawings of your dream tail design? It sounds really cool and I’d love to see it!
    Thank you so much for the welcome and the sweet compliments, totally made my day!!!!! Not creepy at all! <3 You're SO pretty too from your avatar and I love the tail you're in! I don't have a drawing of my dream tail yet. I'm trying to resist drawing it out, otherwise I'll be too tempted to just buy it now hahahaha. Do you have a dream tail? I'd love to see it as well! Thank you again for such a sweet welcome! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ocoree View Post
    Hiya Jalpari! Welcome to the Network! Man, I wish I could visit even a couple other countries outside of US and Canada - maybe sometime in the future!
    Hi Ocoree! Your username is so pretty! You should definitely travel once you get the change; it is the best thing you can spend your extra money on IMO. Honestly, I wish I could travel more IN the US - I've only been to about 5 states so far, and there are so many remarkable things to see. I really want to go to Alaska, Hawaii, California, Florida, Maine, Colorado... see the grand canyon... there's so many places haha ^_^! Even if you don't travel internationally, there are so many "local" places to visit and I'm sure you've experienced more of the US than I have, so I'm totally envious of you! Thanks for the sweet welcome ^_^

I have a mermaid-specific Instagram account now, feel free to follow me! ^_^ www.instagram.com/mermaidaphrolila