Thread: It's Mermaid Oya! So nice to fin-ally meet you!

It's Mermaid Oya! So nice to fin-ally meet you!

Hello everyone! It's so great to finally be posting here. I've been lurking as a guest on Mernetwork for a couple of years now; reading forum posts and tailmaker reviews. Generally, I was just being quiet. But that changes today, because I finally bit the bullet and got a quote for a MerNation tail!

I've been swimming in my FinFun fabric tail for two years now at my local YMCA, and I figured it was probably time to start mermaiding more seriously now that I'm set to graduate college this semester, so I decided to use my tax return and my savings to get a MerNation Signature Line tail. I'm really excited to take all the tips I've learned from lurking here for two years and start applying them professionally.

Outside of mermaiding, I have a lot of other work that keeps my busy: currently I'm a student, but I'm also an artist, and I sell animal skulls that I find, process, and clean. Sometimes I paint them; it depends on the piece. I also write for a website called Gods & Radicals under the pen name Prosper Bonhomme. When I'm not doing that, I also do drag shows as a drag king, so I'm a pretty natural performer, I suppose. I have a lot of hobbies outside of my work, too! I enjoy reading and playing video games, playing the cello, and fire spinning.

I've worked with mermaids for a couple years now as a tender too, I tended mermaids at the Michigan Renaissance festival these past couple years; the first year as a volunteer and the second as a paid position.

So as you can imagine, I stay pretty busy! I really hope I can make some new friends and connections here, and I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Welcome! Could you describe/show us your tail design? I’d love to see it!
    Excellent pun, by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I'll probably throw the design into the MerNation thread here soon once I put the initial down payment on it, so keep your eyes open!

(And thank you. I love puns. I picked up a lot of them from my mertending days.)