Thread: Syren: Mermaid Villain in Miraculous Ladybug

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar

Syren: Mermaid Villain in Miraculous Ladybug

So, I know I haven't talked about this much on the forum, because it doesn't have anything to do with merfolk, but I am a huge fan of the show Miraculous Ladybug.

For the uninitiated, I will offer a quick synopsis: The series follows Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a teenage girl of French, Italian, and Chinese descent who lives in Paris. She is very awkward, clumsy, and shy, especially when it comes to talking to her crush, Adrien Agreste. But she has a secret: a while back she was gifted the Ladybug Miraculous: a set of earrings that enable her to transform into the superheroine Ladybug. A villain named Hawk Moth uses butterflies called Akumas to corrupt people and turn them into villains. Ladybug and her partner Chat Noir (Adrien, transformed by the Black Cat Miraculous) have to fight these villains to save Paris.

That is my brief summary. So, you're probably wondering, how does this relate to merfolk? Well, Miraculous is currently in the middle of its second season, which has been a total blast. We've gotten some really great episodes, and new characters, as well as villains! We've had the promotional art for several villains for a while, and one specifically caught my eye: one whose design resembles a pink mermaid!!! We also had promo art of Ladybug and Chat Noir's new powers, including one that featured them with colorful flippers, most likely an underwater- themed power.

We now have information that this episode will come next in the series, and be released next week on Saturday the 21st. The villain is actually a competitive swimmer named Ondine who is in love with one of the boys in Marinette and Adrien's class, Kim. She is akumatized into Syren, a mermaid supervillain who wishes to turn all of Paris into an dazzling aquatic kingdom for her prince. Ladybug and Chat Noir must thwart her to save Kim and the city of Paris!

The episode airs next Saturday, and I am super pumped! I will attach images of Syren and Ladybug and Chat Noir's new powers! Let me know if you're a Miraculous fan as well, or if you will be watching the episode!

Hugs and for this time, Bug Out!
    MermanJamie

Name:  Unnamed_pink_villain.png
Views: 16672
Size:  130.5 KB SYREN
    Name:  1504352927_youloveit_com_miraculous_ladybug_season209.jpg
Views: 10512
Size:  203.9 KB
    LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR: UNDERWATER POWER
    Last edited by MermanJamie; 04-14-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

How exciting! I always love seeing the villain designs on Ladybug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    Hey everyone, merfolk and miraculers alike! The episode has been postponed. We currently do not know the airdate, but people have been suggesting April 28th and May 4th. We know it will be soon, but no one knows for sure when the episode will come out.
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.