Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having some issues with body confidence...

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    first of all, duh go to a doctor. Guessing is stupid. However, Jaffa, you may not have seen the health sections on reddit . There are doctors, and other medical practitioners, and people who share personal experiences, etc. They are heavily modded so lies and misinformation is rapidly removed. They are great for information if you are stuck, and inspiration from people suffering similar body dysmorphia.

Keto forums are a great example. You need a dr for Keto. FOR 100% SURE. If you ignore basic health advice, and basic diet advice, you will harm or kill yourself, or not get results. They say this in the forums ALL THE TIME lol but also have excellent information on accompanying workouts, diet and recipe plans, how to talk to your dr discussions and advocate for yourself if your dr is hella ignorant like ours are, etc.

However, yes, forums like reddit are for ideas, not personal medical information. That should be a given

The fibro forums can't tell me test results or how I PERSONALLY should be medicating, as these are all extremely different based on personal chemistry. They DO have fantastic stories that can give you new ways to explain symptoms to your dr, proper terminology, other ideas for treatments, etc etc etc.

Reddit is shockingly well modded if you stay out of the super creep areas.

OP, definitely ask your dr about body dysmorphia, it sounds like you may fall under this catergory.

On a personal note, I've found part of the battle in getting help can be using the accepted terminology. You can tell your dr your hands hurt all the time but if you dont drop to certain drs "I'm feeling neuropathy in my hands" you will get told to use tylenol and suck it up. Bring a trusted person you feel ok to be at such a personal appointment (if you have one) to be your advocate if you dont feel confident enough to do it yourself. It can be very hard to counteract something a "trusted professional" especially a dr, has to say, even if you know its wrong.

If you do get a crappy dr, try try again. They are human too, and many of them are only here for the money. Good ones DO exist though, and once you find the right person you will get so much healthier if you listen to them
    Last edited by SirenGita; 02-15-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    also, if anything ever says anything, you could always say your partly trumpetfish (or other thin bodied fishes) ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

I know exactly how you feel... I've been fat all my life and confidence is nearly nonexistence. More like hateful thoughts, and it hurts bad. Maybe try what I did. Would a mermaid feel this way? Would a real mermaid, in the sea surviving and hunting beneath the depth, judge herself? Or would she treasure her form, whatever shape it was to suit her part of the ocean, and embrace herself. You just represent your nice in the sea, and that's amazing! Your adaptive. Don't hate yourself; your an amazing merman who is perfectly adapted to his environment. And that's beautiful.
    If you ever wanna talk, I understand, and would love to. Please feel better

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using MerNetwork mobile app

Hey, I know exactly how you feel. People call me fat and I feel like I shouldn't be a mermaid because of it. All I can do is work out too, which I really can't do too much because of health conditions. Anyways, all I can say is that it sucks. There isn't much you can do but put on a brave face and pretend you're okay with it, because it's your body and those are the cards you were dealt. Your issue might have an easy fix. You could try protein powder and eating more eggs, sometimes that can help build muscle.
    -Mermaid Alexandrite

Do you have fibromyalgia? I was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago with it. I put on 4 stone through all the different medications I've been on over the years which never worked. I cant do the gym or even going for long walks with my dogs. The only thing that doesn't pain me massively is swimming. The first time I went to the pool my anxiety was in overdrive but the more I go the better I feel about myself. I've only recently started mermaiding but I've wanted to do it for about a year and I have booked mermaid swimming lessons which start 27th April. I just thought yeah I'm fat, yeah some people are laughing at me when I tell them but you know what stuff them I'm doing this. Always here if you wanna chat

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    wow...

first of all, long and lean is just fine ... healthy is what to aim for. You won't do exercise that doesn't make you happy, so find stuff you love to do.

If you're really concerned, you can research diet, as in what YOUR body needs more or less of. Again, health, not trying for Captain America or Aquaman.

Be you, ignore the trolls, you're who you are meant to be.

I had a situation where I needed to track where my girlfriend goes every day, because I suspected her of cheating. But I didn't know how I could track her, until here https://spyguy.club/ I found a great spy for that. That's why I personally recommend everyone to read the details of this. Now there is no problem with it anymore. I hope I can help you and it will be really useful to you. Good luck!