Thread: Moving Forward from Here

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar

Moving Forward from Here

I've been thinking about this a lot lately...as some of you might know from my thread, I recently came out to my grandmother, and a few weeks ago I showed her some videos and images of professional merfolk. It really felt good to at least tell someone, and I hope I can move forward. But I'm not sure what I want to do next. Do I try to work on telling the rest of my family, or do I just do more mer stuff now? I originally said I would get back to the community when at least one person knew, and that's happened now. But I'm really not sure if I should just wait around for the rest of my family to know. I'm not sure exactly what steps I should take. Either way, I'm much happier now, but I just want to figure out concretely what's next for me.

Hugs,
    MermanJamie
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

I’m thinking you should just go for being a merman. Let’s be honest: there’s a chance that someone won’t approve, but if you’re already knee-deep in “doing mer stuff” by the time they learn about it, they won’t be able to do much to stop you. They might even see how much fun you’re having and start to change their tune!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!