Thread: Critique my design?

Critique my design?

Hellooo so I've spent pretty much all day working on this. I think I've got it how I like but I'd love some input from all you lovely mers out there
    Be honest please! I dont mind if you drag it through the mud, I want to improve so dont hold back!
    Btw the base is from the mertailor (although i had to modify it to include the fins) as i am planning to get a tail from them eventually

Thanks!
    -SleepySirenName:  Tail!template.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  37.8 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Last edited by SleepySiren; 04-18-2018 at 02:14 AM.

I adore it, though I have no experience with following through on designs.

I also appreciate the "sparkly AF" addition--constant mood.

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

beautiful

I really like your color balance, how you place the white even though it's not as prominenet within the tail compared to the orange and black, the strategic placement really helps to hold the design together and I have always been a fan of spots ^^

though, there is only one thing I would like to point out (only because you are asking for critique, thought it's not so much a critique as curiousness because personally I think it looks great, but) I love your use of circles on the fluke and bottom front of the tail and also the back, except the ones on the upper back are shaped a tad differently and almost look like eyes on the butt, heh (which is sorta neat in my opinion because ya know some fish have that for like defense mechanisms and such) but I was just wondering if that was something you actively wanted to do or not? ^^
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lunette View Post
    I really like your color balance, how you place the white even though it's not as prominenet within the tail compared to the orange and black, the strategic placement really helps to hold the design together and I have always been a fan of spots ^^

though, there is only one thing I would like to point out (only because you are asking for critique, thought it's not so much a critique as curiousness because personally I think it looks great, but) I love your use of circles on the fluke and bottom front of the tail and also the back, except the ones on the upper back are shaped a tad differently and almost look like eyes on the butt, heh (which is sorta neat in my opinion because ya know some fish have that for like defense mechanisms and such) but I was just wondering if that was something you actively wanted to do or not? ^^
    Hahah youre right they do kinda look like eyes near the bum
    I was thinking of butterflys defensive eye spots on the fluke but didnt really think about it with the other spots.. any thoughts an fixing the bum eyes or do you think theyd be better left alone ?

Honestly I like them as is, it really just depends on you I would say, but if you want to adjust it my suggestion would be darkening the outline of the circles a bit and making one side a touch thicker that the rest to take away the eye look, if you want to I mean.
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I loooove it but these colors are my jam so I'm biased 🧜

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I loooove it but these colors are my jam so I'm biased 🧜

Thank youu ♡