Thread: Starting my mermaiding business?

Starting my mermaiding business?

Hi guys, so I've had an extremely long talk with my parents about my future, and I've insisted (several times) that I'm going to be a mermaid.

I've been researching for around a year now and own two tails, but I've never figured out how to go about starting my mermaid business. So, how did you start yours? Or could you give me some pointers? Thanks!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

Depending on if you mean performer or tail maker its gonna be diffrent people who can help you. A good source would be Raina's Youtube series "So You Want To Be A Mermaid". But also look into normal buisness starting stuff, yes its boring and all that but its gonna teach you how to. Also it takes a lot of funds either way so start saving early! I might be on the same boat soon so looking forward to seeing what people can tell you!
    I dont need help growing up, I drink milk! -Ruby Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Rubbles View Post
    Depending on if you mean performer or tail maker its gonna be diffrent people who can help you. A good source would be Raina's Youtube series "So You Want To Be A Mermaid". But also look into normal buisness starting stuff, yes its boring and all that but its gonna teach you how to. Also it takes a lot of funds either way so start saving early! I might be on the same boat soon so looking forward to seeing what people can tell you!
    I've watched all of Raina's videos and I'm looking into some 'starting a business' classes

Mermaid Mikayla

Hey Mikayla! Love your spirit, it's great that you're working on turning your dreams into reality

Raina's website is a great place to start, though here you might try asking more specific questions so we know how best to help you.

For instance, you could ask, "I've watched the video on X and tried A. I got Y as a result, and now I'm not sure whether to do B or C instead."

That'll help any experts see where you are and point you in the right direction. All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Hey Mikayla! Love your spirit, it's great that you're working on turning your dreams into reality

Raina's website is a great place to start, though here you might try asking more specific questions so we know how best to help you.

For instance, you could ask, "I've watched the video on X and tried A. I got Y as a result, and now I'm not sure whether to do B or C instead."

That'll help any experts see where you are and point you in the right direction. All the best!
    Ok, well, tried several thing on the videos, like the eye gel and silicone ear plugs, and I made an Instagram, I just don't know much about marketing or getting my business (if you could even call it that) out there much. I'm going to save some money for things that I need for it and insurance and all the big costs.

Mermaid Mikayla

Maybe instead of focusing on starting a mermaid business, work on the 'business' aspect before the 'mermaid' aspect. You say you don't know "much about marketing or getting [your] business out there". Take some online business courses or check out what your local community college has to offer. No matter the focus of any business you need to know the business side before you focus on the other side. You can also check our coursera.com for free marketing and business courses offered by top universities. Good luck!

Like Mermaid Rubbles said, are you planning to be a mermaid performer or sell products (tails, accessories, etc).
    As a performer do you want to do children's parties or events? In selling a product do you want to ship worldwide, ship only to your country, or sell retail? Each answer will give you different advice, and you need to do different research.

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornMermaid View Post
    Like Mermaid Rubbles said, are you planning to be a mermaid performer or sell products (tails, accessories, etc).
    As a performer do you want to do children's parties or events? In selling a product do you want to ship worldwide, ship only to your country, or sell retail? Each answer will give you different advice, and you need to do different research.
    I want to be a performer and sell accessories and other things. And ship world wide. I will be working with children, which I do at my school. I'm taking business classes also.

Mermaid Mikayla

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I've updated my mermaid resource website! There may be things there you haven't seen yet: www.mermaidraina.com <3

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I've updated my mermaid resource website! There may be things there you haven't seen yet: www.mermaidraina.com <3
    Awesome! Thanks Raina!

Mermaid Mikayla

I don’t see any problem in starting business now, as there are excellent conditions, including ready-made solutions that can be successfully integrated and used to provide customers with the best conditions. In addition, if you thought how to create a sports betting website, then there are no complications thanks to Uplatform, which provides access to ready-made betting solutions.

Can anyone help me with the documents? I need to make a translation, and the translator asked me for a document in PDF format, but I only have it in PNG.

What is the problem? I don't see it here at all, since it's very easy to solve with a converter. Listen, there are quite a few options on the Internet, but often they have file limits or reduce the quality of documents, so I advise you a free online tool at link https://www.pdfplatform.com/convert-png-to-pdf. I always use it if I need to quickly convert documents.

I believe that in order to successfully launch a business, you should take care of creating a website in advance. Maybe it will be enough for you to read more information about kubernetes deployment vs service, since this information surprisingly turned out to be extremely useful for me. I am sure that on that site you will be able to find something important for yourself.