Thread: Announcing SoCal Tails & Scales 2018!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

Announcing SoCal Tails & Scales 2018!

I'm super excited to announce that there will be a large gathering this summer in Southern California! SoCal Scales & Tails 2018 will take place over the weekend of July 13th, 2018, in Long Beach, California. The event will consist of a huge group swim at the Bellflower Aquatic Center, a beautiful heated outdoor pool on Saturday, July 14th, along with a beach meetup the following day.

Tickets are on sale for $12, and can be purchased on Eventbrite.

For more information, you can check out the event page on Facebook, or follow SoCal Tails & Scales on Instagram, @socaltailsandscales!

I'm so excited for this event and I can't wait to see you guys there!

Name:  tails&scales2018.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  47.5 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    wish we had more notice! I'll be in Cali touring through May as part of sacramento mermaid weekend, then travelling down to Venice Beach!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    I'm super excited to announce that there will be a large gathering this summer in Southern California! SoCal Scales & Tails 2018 will take place over the weekend of July 13th, 2018, in Long Beach, California. The event will consist of a huge group swim at the Bellflower Aquatic Center, a beautiful heated outdoor pool on Saturday, July 14th, along with a beach meetup the following day.

Tickets are on sale for $12, and can be purchased on Eventbrite.

For more information, you can check out the event page on Facebook, or follow SoCal Tails & Scales on Instagram, @socaltailsandscales!

I'm so excited for this event and I can't wait to see you guys there!

Name:  tails&scales2018.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  47.5 KB
    Oh! That sounds like so much fun, I'll see if I can go. I'll add it to my calendar.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Going to buy my tickets now!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

I am SO jealous! I live in S. CA, but have a trip to HI planned July 9-16! The first time going in 30 years, and its during the great mermaid fest!! I hope it becomes a yearly gathering. I will go next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I might be able to make it. I just have a few questions. I don't have a tail. Do I have to? I do have a Finis Competitor. I will only be able to go to the pool event. I won't can't make the first day or beach swim. Is that okay? Lastly, this will be my first time meeting other mers, so I don't know what to expect.

Thank you

Junior Member Pod of Cali
    Hi TritonsGuard. You don't have to have a full tail to go to a mer event. And you can go Saturday without going Fri/Sun. As for what to expect, I haven't been to very many events but the ones I've been to people were very friendly. Easiest way to start a conversation is to go up and ask someone a question (or give a compliment) about their tail or their accessories. Hope to see you at the event

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Thanks Lorelei. Just got a ticket for it. Been wanting to go to a mer gathering for a while now. To be frank, I have never even seen a tail in person before, so I am really excited. Was hoping my girlfriend could come, but she is working that day.

Nooo! Worst date ever! I’m going to summer camp the fourteenth! Dangit

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid.Mikayla View Post
    Oh! That sounds like so much fun, I'll see if I can go. I'll add it to my calendar.

Finally have a year where I could have gone, and the date it while I'm in MAUI.

When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!