Thread: Please stop spammng my email.

Please stop spammng my email.

I have all options for email notifications in my profile settings set to off, yet I still get emails about replies to threads I posted in once. I shouldn't be getting emails for things that I'm not even alerted to on the forum itself. No other forum I've been on has this problem.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

You more than likely have it set that you subscribe to threads you've posted in. You can also just unsubscribe by clicking the link in the emails that say unsubscribe to emails

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    also, do you have an ap install? either the meretwork one or the vbulletin one? I had to turn those off too. Also I turned off PMs and notifications about "friend requests"

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    You more than likely have it set that you subscribe to threads you've posted in. You can also just unsubscribe by clicking the link in the emails that say unsubscribe to emails

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    I've already done that, and I'm also not subscribed to any threads. Clicking the link only directs me to an empty folder.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    also, do you have an ap install? either the meretwork one or the vbulletin one? I had to turn those off too. Also I turned off PMs and notifications about "friend requests"
    No.

A lot of people have it so they automatically subscribe to any thread they post in. You need to be on desktop, or the full site on mobile, to change the settings I believe. To change the default, got to Settings > General Settings, and change your "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Then go to your subscriptions page (Settings > Subscriptions) and unsubscribe to the threads you don't want to be notified about.

If you go to a thread and go to where you can reply, and go to "Go Advanced", then look at "Subscription" there will be a box that is checked or unchecked, and how you have it set up to notify you (or not) including "Immediately, using email" and "Through my control panel only", etc. It should reflect your the default setting that you changed in your user control panel. If not, get back to me as there may be some kind of issue.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    A lot of people have it so they automatically subscribe to any thread they post in. You need to be on desktop, or the full site on mobile, to change the settings I believe. To change the default, got to Settings > General Settings, and change your "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Then go to your subscriptions page (Settings > Subscriptions) and unsubscribe to the threads you don't want to be notified about.

If you go to a thread and go to where you can reply, and go to "Go Advanced", then look at "Subscription" there will be a box that is checked or unchecked, and how you have it set up to notify you (or not) including "Immediately, using email" and "Through my control panel only", etc. It should reflect your the default setting that you changed in your user control panel. If not, get back to me as there may be some kind of issue.
    Everything is already set per your instructions. I did all of this either a few weeks or over a month ago, and double checked it just now, but I'm still getting unwanted emails from mernetwork. I am not subscribed to any threads at all.

Very strange :/ I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you. I deleted all of your subscriptions via the Admin CP in case it didn't "take" when you did it for some reason. I've posted on a support forum and am waiting on an answer.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Very strange :/ I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you. I deleted all of your subscriptions via the Admin CP in case it didn't "take" when you did it for some reason. I've posted on a support forum and am waiting on an answer.
    Thank you. I'll let you know if I get any more emails.