Thread: IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A FINFUN OR SUNTAIL MERMAID TAIL, PLEASE READ THIS POST!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest

IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A FINFUN OR SUNTAIL MERMAID TAIL, PLEASE READ THIS POST!

Hello everyone. I am currently deciding on what mermaid tail to get. It is between finfun and suntail because those are the skins that will fit my monofin. The specific tails I have in mind are:

FINFUN
    1. Clownfish Tail
    2. Tropical Sunrise Tail
    3. Rainbow Reef Tail
    4. Bali Breeze Tail
    5. Groovy Goby Tail
    6. Watercolor Waves Tail
    7. Twilight Sparkle Tail
    8. Amazon Rainforest Tail
    9. Andromeda Tail
    SUNTAILS
    1. Aurora Borealis Tail
    2. Seven Seas Tail

If you have any of these tails, or know of a friend that does, please comment or message so we can get in touch. I am searching for reviews, opinions, and pictures. So please, if you or anyone you know has one of these tails, please contact me!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    They’re both great skins! I have one suntail and 2 finfun, I’ve found that the suntails stretches a lot quicker and a lot more but they’re both really pretty and good quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    What tails did you get?

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    I have the super Siren from suntails and from finfun I have an arctic blue that’s very old and retired and the steampunk limited tail from last Halloween

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    I have a bunch of fun fun tails, I really like them

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

I own the monofin pro and the following tailskins: Arctic saphire, Maui Splash, aurora borealis (suntails)

fin fun review:
    I bought the Arctic saphire tailskin and monofin pro together. They swim great! I still use arctic sapphire on a pretty regular basis and it looks just as good as I bought it. I have literally zero complaints on either the monofin or the tailskin itself. it is BEAUTIFUL in the water.

Maui splash. It feels to be a thicker fabric than the mermaidens collection. it also has little dots on it that give it an extra depth and dimension. I also love this tail and alternate between crystal saph and this one and it swims just as great. the only complaint i have with this tail really is that I'm a very short mermaid (4'9") and the tailskin is a size adult s and it goes all the way up my stomach to the bottom of my boobs so I have to fold it down and I lose the light blue affect on top. there's still an ombre but it's mostly pink purple and a little bit of the dark blue.

Aurora Borealis. also a wonderful tail to swim in. I love the scale pattern and silky feel of the skin on my skin. it doesn't chafe (none of my tails do) and it fits great! only con is that it's not tip protected so I notice after a few swims no matter how careful I am with my tail tips that it tends to pill and kind of fray. I fixed this dilemma but painting a thin layer of silicone on the tips and Haven't had an issue with it since!

additional note: the andromeda unless you're a kids size is not getting restocked. I had asked a fin fun rep about it and it's done so if you're wearing adult size tails you're out of luck with that. I wanted to get this skin as well, but missed the margin by a bit because I was saving money.

hope these help!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I have both. You can fit Fin Fun Pro into Sun Tail skins but not Sun Tail monofin into Fin Fun skins. It may work if you have the kids size Sun Tail monofin, but as for putting the adult one into a Fin Fun skin, you'll wear holes in the sides of the fluke almost immediately. The Sun Tail monofin is too wide for Fin Fun tails skins or any skin that has the same shape.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 05-03-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Yes, i have the fin fun monofin. But I decided to just go with a FinFun skin

I have the suntails monofin and Bali blush tail skin and a finfun talisman in tidal teal. My suntails monofin easily fits into my finfun skin. I actually find that the finfun skin is nicer because it doesn’t go transparent like my suntails does and I really love the reinforced tips the finfun has.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora85 View Post
    I have the suntails monofin and Bali blush tail skin and a finfun talisman in tidal teal. My suntails monofin easily fits into my finfun skin. I actually find that the finfun skin is nicer because it doesn’t go transparent like my suntails does and I really love the reinforced tips the finfun has.

Strange. I couldn't fit my Sun Tail monofin into the Dory and Nemo Fin Fun tails. I could fit the butt (the feet part) of the monofin into my Dory tail but it did not want to stretch over it. And I didn't want to risk ruining an expensive tail to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Strange. I couldn't fit my Sun Tail monofin into the Dory and Nemo Fin Fun tails. I could fit the butt (the feet part) of the monofin into my Dory tail but it did not want to stretch over it. And I didn't want to risk ruining an expensive tail to find out.
    Omg I have the dory in my amazon cart with the fin as we speak! Do you like it? I’m torn between the dory and the black one.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora85 View Post
    Omg I have the dory in my amazon cart with the fin as we speak! Do you like it? I’m torn between the dory and the black one.

Love it! Haven't worn it at the pool yet. I bought it mainly to have a limited edition tail!

Go with Fin Fun!

If it were me, I'd go with any of those Fin Fun tails because I like their designs better and they last a long time! My sister and I both have Fin Fun tails. I own the Lunar Tide and she has the Bali Breeze. The nice thing about Fin Fun's tails is that they have tip protection that makes your tail last longer. This is a pretty new thing they've added to all of their swimmable tails, as the first one I bought years ago (Malibu Pink) didn't have it. I'm saving up my money this summer for the Watercolor Waves tail.

Junior Member Pod of Cali Tiffany Wong's Avatar
    I really love my blue fin fun! The only issue i have is that it gets loose and wrinkly around my knees when I bend them. It fits very snug around my ankles and waist. Personally, id like a fabric tail thats skintight as possible, without being too restricting.

All of those fishtails have their own beauty and I think you should choose the fishtail that suits your taste. retro bowl