Thread: Lobster neck weight

Lobster neck weight

Hi guys, today we would like to introduce you to an unique product in the diving world, «Lobster Weight System » an amazing neck weight, designed specially for YOU, freedivers, in a way to make your aquatic life much more comfortable.
    The weight system is located closer to the point around which the buoyancy forces are balanced that makes your swimming more effective, which allows you to maintain the horizontal position with less effort and air consumption , thus, leaving you with more air in your lungs and allowing you to overcome larger distances.

Lobster is designed for non-overloading the freediver’s neck. Due to the special shape and material, a flexible system of extra weights follows the movement of the dorsal vertebrae, without restricting the swimmer’s movement. Тhere are special silicon inserts that make the collar fit your neck comfortably, removing the load from the collarbone. Lobster allows you not to worry about the possible water resistance.

Hydrodynamic properties of the sinker, due to it’s shape and material, negate the disturbance of water flow, allowing you to concentrate on diving.
    Our Lobster Weight System Medium consists of base 2,5 kg and additional 5 segments (500, 400, 300, 200, 100 g), you will be able to adapt the weight of the collar to your needs. Currently the weight of the load might change from 100 g to 500 g. Total weight of Lobster is 4 kg. We value and appreciate your compliments, suggestions or complaints, thanks to them we designed 2 more versions of Lobster

A smaller version of the initial Lobster Weight, which totals at 3kg, and is perfect for the low volume lungs, and beginning your freediving career.
    And a enlarged version, Lobster Big, which totals at 6.5kg, and was made specially for professional athletes and champions of the freediving.

Now I’d like to recommend you a video about lobster so you will also be able to see how Lobster works, and leave your comments about lobster so we could always improve our self for you and for the freediving world. Also visit our official website and group on facebook so we'de be in touch! Links: official website - https://lobsterweight.com/en/
    Group on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lobsterweight/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Most of the people here are recreational mermaids, who aren't freediving. Only a few of us freedivers here. just an FYI

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    If we wanted a neck weight, it would have to look like a piece of jewelry.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Lobster, the first customer review that shows up is a negative one. It needs to be visibly addressed if your Facebook page is to attract us; I've also commented there. Thanks in advance!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    If we wanted a neck weight, it would have to look like a piece of jewelry.
    My thoughts exactly, or a piece of atlantean armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not something I need right now but an interesting idea for distributing weight. I have always enjoyed being buoyant (feels secure to be headed toward air unless I am fighting to stay down) but as I get more muscular and more neutrally buoyant it is fun to explore moving on the bottom of the pool.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I just did a neck-weight workshop with my freediving group. They're awesome!

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I just did a neck-weight workshop with my freediving group. They're awesome!
    Agreed, made me two with slightly different weights. Amazing how they work and how good the position in the water is when using them. Although mine get quite uncomfortable when swimming backwards, say diving and facing the surface.

But when mermaiding, I guess they look akward (rubber tubes around the neck). Then they should look more mer-ish, I would say. Maybe camouflaged as mer-armour or something like that.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

So interesting! Did you start with lead shot?

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    So interesting! Did you start with lead shot?
    Yes, bought 2kg soft weights, filled with lead shot. Try to get nickel plated shot, if possible, as it minimises lead dust when building the neck weight. Then I followed this tutorial:
    https://youtu.be/_P-LfSnOCNQ

Wow, thank you! I have been thinking about this for a while and hadn't seen such a clean diy. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by MermanOliver View Post
    Yes, bought 2kg soft weights, filled with lead shot. Try to get nickel plated shot, if possible, as it minimises lead dust when building the neck weight. Then I followed this tutorial:
    https://youtu.be/_P-LfSnOCNQ