Thread: Broadway Nerd Mers?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace

Broadway Nerd Mers?

Hallo! Are there any other mers into Broadway musicals? Personally, right now I'm really into BE MORE CHILL and DEAR EVAN HANSEN with a touch of HEATHERS and HAMILTON. (idk why I did all caps, lol). What shows are your favorites? I might post some fan art later on too...

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Holly View Post
    Hallo! Are there any other mers into Broadway musicals? Personally, right now I'm really into BE MORE CHILL and DEAR EVAN HANSEN with a touch of HEATHERS and HAMILTON. (idk why I did all caps, lol). What shows are your favorites? I might post some fan art later on too...

(Why did it post in this section??? I had it set to non merfolk topics.)

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    Hi, Holly! It seems our interests overlap quite a bit. I'm a huge Theater nerd, and I've actually started a whole Merfolk Theater thread, where we can all nerd out together about Theater. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, but I recently played Leaf Coneybear, who was played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitch in Modern Family) on Broadway, in my high school's production. I too am quite into all the shows you mentioned, especially Be More Chill and Heathers. Did you know that Be More Chill is coming to Off Broadway in the fall, and nearly the entire cast is reprising their roles? I'm quite excited to see it. I'll totally make sure to add you as a friend! I'm sure we'll have lots of fun Theater-related conversations.

Here's the thread if you want to talk more about Theater!: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...Theater-Thread
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJamie View Post
    Hi, Holly! It seems our interests overlap quite a bit. I'm a huge Theater nerd, and I've actually started a whole Merfolk Theater thread, where we can all nerd out together about Theater. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, but I recently played Leaf Coneybear, who was played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitch in Modern Family) on Broadway, in my high school's production. I too am quite into all the shows you mentioned, especially Be More Chill and Heathers. Did you know that Be More Chill is coming to Off Broadway in the fall, and nearly the entire cast is reprising their roles? I'm quite excited to see it. I'll totally make sure to add you as a friend! I'm sure we'll have lots of fun Theater-related conversations.

Here's the thread if you want to talk more about Theater!: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...Theater-Thread
    Thanks for the link! I'm actually going to see the off-Broadway production of Be more chill in August! Can't wait to see George Salazar, though I'm kinda sad Will Connolly isn't resuming his role...

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    Thanks for the link! I'm actually going to see the off-Broadway production of Be more chill in August! Can't wait to see George Salazar, though I'm kinda sad Will Connolly isn't resuming his role...

I am praying they get Katie Ladner to reprise her role as Jenna Rolan. Not only is she my favorite character in the show, but I love Katie as well. She's so funny, sweet and bubbly, and I loved her in Heathers as well. Also, I love the Smartphone Hour as a song. If they get someone new, I hope they can live up to that, and present an equally funny and enthusiastic performance.
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJamie View Post
    I am praying they get Katie Ladner to reprise her role as Jenna Rolan. Not only is she my favorite character in the show, but I love Katie as well. She's so funny, sweet and bubbly, and I loved her in Heathers as well. Also, I love the Smartphone Hour as a song. If they get someone new, I hope they can live up to that, and present an equally funny and enthusiastic performance.
    Totally agree! She's so good! (That note in Pitiful Children, )

I'm also really excited to see Will Roland as Jeremy. I've only seen him before playing Jared or a Jared-like character, so I'm wondering if he'll change Jeremy (which would be cool to see a variation of) or if he'll change is acting style to be more like Will Connolly's.

Did that make sense? Idk

Member Euro Pod
    me and my friend have been obsessed with hamilton for about half a year now, and we are going to sea it on 26th of october in london!

Lucky! The closest I've gotten to seeing Hamilton is a crappy bootleg online.

Hi. Me. Heathers, Hamilton, dear Evan Hansen, Wicked, Chicago, In the Heights I LOVE THEM ALL.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Newsies, anyone? It’s the only one of my favorites that hasn’t been mentioned. There’s a recording of the Broadway production on Netflix that I would highly recommend to any musical theatre enthusiasts.
    Oh, that and 21 Chump Street. Not actually Broadway and it’s only like 15 minutes long but it’s totally worth listening to. Lin is a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Newsies, anyone? It’s the only one of my favorites that hasn’t been mentioned. There’s a recording of the Broadway production on Netflix that I would highly recommend to any musical theatre enthusiasts.
    Oh, that and 21 Chump Street. Not actually Broadway and it’s only like 15 minutes long but it’s totally worth listening to. Lin is a god.

Oh yes I like newsies! I actually have seen it!

Yall about to get sooo jelly! My dance teacher of 4 years was a lead in newsies!!

Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    Yall about to get sooo jelly! My dance teacher of 4 years was a lead in newsies!!

You’re right, I am jelly! That’s amazing! Which one?

I've listened to the soundtrack for Newsies a few times and watched the movie version. Is it just me, or did they cut songs from the Broadway show?

I've listened to the soundtrack for Newsies a few times and watched the movie version. Is it just me, or did they cut songs from the Broadway show?

I’m pretty sure the movie version actually came first, and they added songs to the Broadway production.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    I’m pretty sure the movie version actually came first, and they added songs to the Broadway production.

Interesting, I had no idea. On another note, has anyone else listened to Mean Girls yet? I could only find 4 of the songs, but I'm kinda in love.

I love Broadway musicals! Some of my favorites are Hamilton, Waitress, In The Heights along with Be More Chill, Heathers, Newsies, Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked (it’s a long list). I’m also a musical theatre nerd/theatre nerd.
    Last edited by KayanatheMermaid; 06-15-2018 at 04:52 PM.