Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Mers near harrisburg PA?

Cool Any Mers near harrisburg PA?

I've lived in PA all my life, but have yet to come across another mermaid in my area. With summer almost here, (and summer heat already here) It seems like the perfect time of year to get to know some other local mermaids.

I'm working on a new fabric tail right now, and it's going painfully slow because of a misbehaved sewing machine, but hopefully It'll be done by the time the pools open!

Anyone else in the area, or just want to chat?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Up until a few years ago I lived in Palmyra! (Now i live in northern CA) I wish I still did, cause then we could meet up! (I miss Utz chips, lol)

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Member Chesapeake Pod MermaidCealia's Avatar
    Omg hi!! I’m a Harrisburg Mer!!! I just moved here in August last year!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Hello mermaid Holly! Wow, you were pretty close by. Hope you're doing well in California! Haha, I didn't realize utz chips were only a PA thing. What was your favorite kind?

Hi mermaid Cealia! Welcome to the area! Where did you move from? What's your favorite thing about PA so far? (Probably not the weather. )

Wild Heart, I'm right outside of Harrisburg on the West shore! So happy to see that there are three of us now! I know we'd all be happy to meet up sometime!

I moved from southern NY! And honestly my favorite thing about PA is how cheap everything is! NY was too damn expensive for me lol!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Unfortunately, yes. My favorite type was barbeque. I also miss snow!!! It's so funny seeing California people react to seeing a tiny flurry and flipping out.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

I'm surprised you miss the snow, Mermaid Holly! Everyone I run into seems to hate it! That must be funny to see others in CA get upset over a few flurries when you're used to so much worse from PA!

Haha, yes mermaid Cealia, that is definitely a nice thing about PA. At least most of it is fairly cheap anyway.

Hello StellaRae! YAY, ThErE's ThReE oF uS!!! Yes, we will definitely have to find a way to meet up over the summer!

Anyone know of any pools that are mermaid friendly?

Wild heart: I have a Hacc ID and I swim there when they have open swim and they are tail friendly ! Do you have Instagram? Stella and I and the other mers in PA are planning a meet up in June! We would love to include you into the chat if you want!!

Oh okay, cool! Glad to hear they still are! Yes, please include me in the chat. My instagram is dragonmaster707.

U go to hacc ?? We totally should swim together one day! And I sent you a request on insta!

Thanks! got your request!

No, I don't go to HACC, but I get a membership to that pool every year. And yea, definetly we should swim together sometime!

Oh you can do that??? I never knew ! This months swim open swim schedule isn’t so great! They barely have times posted! But next month let’s meet up and swim!

Yea, For Hummelstown swim club/pool membership is $200 a season.

Yes, we will definitely have to meet up and swim soon! I just hope my darn sewing machine will cooperate so I can finish my new tail! haha

Is this your first tail?? And ahh I don’t pay for the pool I go for free since I. Have my student ID

No, I've made two other ones, but the first one I consider a prototype, the second I'm not really happy with how it turned out anymore, plus I lost some weight, so I'm not even sure they'll fit anymore, since there were a little big to begin with!

Oh okay, that's cool, I didn't know that they did that for students!

Yup! So if u ever wanna go swimming let me know and I can bring you as my guest ! For the hummelstown pool, are they mermaid friendly? Can u bring a guest ?

I seee, what color is your tail your making now ?

OH haha, I was so confused. We're talking about two different pools. lol, sorry, I didn't realize that. That's what I'm not sure of. I used swim with my tail there after letting the lifeguards know, but I'm not sure if they still are. Yea, I can bring guests, but they have to live at least 15 miles away. So not sure if that would work, unless it was one of the rare days they allow guests from anywhere. But then the pool is too crowded!

It's green and Black. I was thinking of attempting to add some gold highlights to it with the airbrush once it's all stitched together.

What color is your tail? What's it made of?

Lol that’s okay I wasn’t sure either !!! And that’s cool! I think the gold would look awesome !!

My tail is from Fin Fun because I’m not great at creating things myself lol. It’s a watercolores tail that’s full of blues teals purples and greens with sparkles! I love it! It’s a basic fabric tail. Well the pool at the community college allows tails and I can run up to one guest with me . So next time I go I’ll invite u and of your free we can swim together! It’s typically not that crowded when I go so it’s more room to swim!

Your tail sounds so pretty!! Cool colors always look nice together and I bet the sparkles give it more of a 'scaly' look! There's nothing wrong with a fabric tail, haha! Less work for sure than a silicone one! That's awesome that the college allows tails, and somewhat surprise with the tail bans I've been reading about. My schedule with work can be a bit crazy and unpredictable, but yea if I'm free that sounds like fun!