Thread: Fin Fun's new Orca tail! Thoughts?

Exclamation Fin Fun's new Orca tail! Thoughts?

Fin Fun has released it's tail of the month! For May, it is an Orca tail! Which seems to be more targeted to our fellow mermen and mermen to be.

What are your thoughts on the new tail?
    <>< <>< ~~~Making Some Waves~~~ ><> ><>
    <>< <>< ~~Prairie Mermaid~~><> ><>

Member Euro Pod
    to be honest I really like the idea! but I dont like the pattern and the greyish in there :'')

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    It's an interesting concept for sure, just not quite as sure what to feel about the 'modernized' orca patterning and the black underside of the fluke.

Yeah, I felt like maybe there's to much white or something. I can't quite put my flipper on it, heh heh. I really like how the black shimmers quite nicely and looks soft, which makes me think of a real Orca's skin. It was an interesting concept for sure though.

I kind of wish they would make something colourful towards the guys, as it's just black, and more black again. Guys like colours too right? Heh.

I don't like the lack of scale texturing. I know not every tail has to be super realistic, but the orca tail just screams "fake".
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I don't know what it is about this particular tail but I really like it! I saw it on their last night and I really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I don't like the lack of scale texturing. I know not every tail has to be super realistic, but the orca tail just screams "fake".
    Orca's don't have scales, so I think that's what they were trying to go for. But yeah, the lack of colour and detail does make it look a bit blander and faker than the other tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Dolphin View Post
    I don't know what it is about this particular tail but I really like it! I saw it on their last night and I really want it.
    Yay! There's always someone out there who loves it!

You know? I'm considering it, I think. If the underside of the fluke were white (definitely an odd choice not to) I'd probably be on it, but I'm thinking about it, I think.

I'm kind of an orca purist, but I think the lazy part of me just wants to buy an orca tail rather than make one (well, I made one...a nicer one, I mean)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I’m obsessed with orcas, so I want one! But I don’t get to swim in a tail very often and my Tidal Teal is still in good condition so I can’t justify buying one right now. Maybe if it goes on sale. Although, maybe I’ll just try to make another tail myself, and I’d be able to add the dorsal fin.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    I’m obsessed with orcas, so I want one! But I don’t get to swim in a tail very often and my Tidal Teal is still in good condition so I can’t justify buying one right now. Maybe if it goes on sale. Although, maybe I’ll just try to make another tail myself, and I’d be able to add the dorsal fin.
    Was just in their end of season sale, not sure if that's going on anymore though. Thought about it again but passed. At least it seems to be generally included in sales.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    Was just in their end of season sale, not sure if that's going on anymore though. Thought about it again but passed. At least it seems to be generally included in sales.
    Yeah, I have to keep an eye out for a price I want. Might end up waiting until I get a tax return. But it's hard to decide, I also have an eye on the expensive Atlantis tails and I don't make a lot of money (don't worry, I don't buy mermaid stuff with my rent money, ha ha) so I gotta be selective. Like I said, I may just try my hand at making an orca tail so it can have a dorsal fin anyway. Ugh, why do they keep releasing such cool stuff? lol