Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for All Things Fin Fun

Red face A Thread for All Things Fin Fun

Here is a thread for everything Fin Fun. Not quite sure how to start it off...here's a good question.

How did you feel when they stopped making Scarlets Rio Red tail? Did you like the Rio Red tail?

To view more of the other retired tails, go to this page. https://www.finfriends.com/product-c...-tail-archive/

Which tail are you most sad to see go?
    <>< <>< ~~~Making Some Waves~~~ ><> ><>
    <>< <>< ~~Prairie Mermaid~~><> ><>

I personally was kind of sad of the retiring of Rio Red, as it's the only Red mermaid tail! Red was my favorite colour at the time too. I hope they make another one with some red in it. Lots of tails are pink, pink, and more pink I feel like. Being the traditional tomboy, I want something a bit less girly. However, I still love all the tails they come out with!

I think out of all the retired tails though, I'm mostly sad about Dragonfly being retired. It has some nice green and blues, with a hint of purple. Which made it a bit less feminine but with the right touch of it. I also really liked the idea of Iron Maiden, since I used to love steampunk. Such a cool Halloween idea. But I can see why it might not have been super popular.

What are your guys' thoughts?

I bought the Lunar Tide tail for a friend of mine and I'm trying to work on a tail print to use for their custom tail creator. I want the print to look nice like my Finfolk fabric tail, since this one will also be a gift for a friend. I don't own any finfun tails myself, but I do keep an eye on them.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I've made one for their custom tail creator! I thought that was such an awesome idea to make a tail creator. The tail basically looks like the drawing in my icon. I made another few too just for fun. It's also handy to use when you want to come up with tail designs.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    As I recall the steampunk one did not sell as well as they thought it would. Which is why the design is 'retired'
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

I own two FinFun monofins, my aunt has been making basic colored tail skins for me to fit them. My favorite tail skin they offer is a tie between the lunar tide tail and the blue tang tail.

I saw some of the Finalists have been posted. I am so excited for everyone!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @

TailsAndTiaras.com

I can't see myself buying this tail, so you guys can have it as a freebie. Queen Angelfish tail, size small for the custom tail creator.

wow that is really pretty!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @

TailsAndTiaras.com

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I really love the new Orca tail! The white one from last month looks great too. But stupid Facebook hasn't really been showing FinFun posts on my page lately so I keep missing the drawings. I know I'm not likely to win, but I'd like to have a shot, ya know? Lol. I have a Tidal Teal but I'd love to get the Orca and Silver Lightning sometime. I hope those stick around for a bit.

I really hope they make some darker colored and themed tails. Bright colors are nice and all, I just want some variety, ya know? When the Siren TV series premiered they had an Instagram promotion where 10 people would win a tail designed like the one in the show. I wish they'd make that one available for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I can't see myself buying this tail, so you guys can have it as a freebie. Queen Angelfish tail, size small for the custom tail creator.
    Would you mind if I got a custom tail with this design? It’s beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I figured that tail would be right up your alley Agent Dragon! It is gorgeous, the colorflow (it's a word now) and transition are seamless and so complementary. It really is an awesome tail!
    Last edited by Sea~Phoenix Savannah; 07-09-2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: edited for spelling error (stupid keyboard!)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Go for it, that's why I posted it, lol. (I will want to see pics or a swim video though. ;P )

Also, wow. People really bought up this new tail of the month, only two sizes that aren't sold out completely.

I’d like to see some pics of tails from the fun fun tail creator please? Been thinking about trying this. I have the same idea as Blue but would want a professional artist to draw my scales and shading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tealfire View Post
    I have the same idea as Blue but would want a professional artist to draw my scales and shading.
    Ouch. >_>

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    I dunno, looks pretty professional to me!

O Blue
    I did not mean you! I meant for me to have one drawn...my brother in law is a graphic artist I had been reading the reviews on fin funs website for the creator and people were asking about scales and detail and the reply was you have to draw all that yourself. Of course. Mine would probably come out cartoony.
    Your design is beautiful and professional.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    Ouch. >_>
    O Blue
    I did not mean you! I meant for me to have one drawn...my brother in law is a graphic artist I had been reading the reviews on fin funs website for the creator and people were asking about scales and detail and the reply was you have to draw all that yourself. Of course. Mine would probably come out cartoony.
    Your design is beautiful and professional.