Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Thread for All Things Fin Fun

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettamax View Post
    I was inspired by BlueCorvidae's freebie tail, so I made a bunch of them! Mostly color variations on three different designs. I posted them all on DeviantArt, so you guys are welcome to them

https://www.deviantart.com/bettamax/gallery/

I'll try to post them here as well, but no guarantees since I'm new XD
    Good god those are awesome. Do you take commissions?

I was inspired by BlueCorvidae's freebie tail, so I made a bunch of them! Mostly color variations on three different designs. I posted them all on DeviantArt, so you guys are welcome to them

https://www.deviantart.com/bettamax/gallery/

I'll try to post them here as well, but no guarantees since I'm new XD
    I hate to ask, but your design is just so pretty. Would you mind if I used the spotted tail design as inspiration for a custom tail for myself? I'd credit you, of course. In fact, I wouldn't mind paying to use the design if you wanted! I am just not overly fond of the finfun monofins because of the heel bump so I'd like to transfer the design to fit another type of tail and maybe move around some spots and add a little bit of color to the tails sides.
    Last edited by MermaidFinley; 02-13-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Gorgeous color combos!!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Thank you! I just used a public domain scale pattern. Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidFinley View Post
    I hate to ask, but your design is just so pretty. Would you mind if I used the spotted tail design as inspiration for a custom tail for myself? I'd credit you, of course. In fact, I wouldn't mind paying to use the design if you wanted! I am just not overly fond of the finfun monofins because of the heel bump so I'd like to transfer the design to fit another type of tail and maybe move around some spots and add a little bit of color to the tails sides.
    You're definitely welcome to use it as inspiration for a custom tail! I don't need compensation, but credit is always appreciated. If you don't mind, I'd love to see pics of your tail when you get it

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Good god those are awesome. Do you take commissions?
    I haven't, but might consider it. My biggest concern is I don't actually draw the scales or fins out by hand. I used a premade scale pattern an a Fin Fun fluke texture, and I just customized the colors and overlaid stripes on the patterned ones. What did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    Gorgeous color combos!!
    Thank you!

I haven't, but might consider it. My biggest concern is I don't actually draw the scales or fins out by hand. I used a premade scale pattern an a Fin Fun fluke texture, and I just customized the colors and overlaid stripes on the patterned ones. What did you have in mind?
    To me, this is no different from doing something like using a free base like us furries do for some art and being paid to color the base. I want my hipppcampus tail colors- would have to shoot you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    To me, this is no different from doing something like using a free base like us furries do for some art and being paid to color the base. I want my hipppcampus tail colors- would have to shoot you a message.
    Sweet, do that and I'll take a look

Junior Member Pod of Texas selkie.astraea's Avatar
    TX, or a bit more north, depends on time of year

Follow selkie.astraea on Tumblr Visit selkie.astraea's Youtube Channel
    https://youtube-mermaid-shows.fandom..._Mermaid_Tails
    here's a rant I posted on the YouTube Mermaid Show Wiki a while back about Fin Fun tails, to answer your initial question about the red ones being retired~!

I gotta wait for my new PC motherboard to come in so I can go back to my art computer. Seeing as you guys pointed out that there's not really any red finfun tails, I'd post another freebie. But I'm going to have to wait. Should be good to go around this time next week.

Also... if you guys are interested in commissions I'm still open. o3o
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

(Hopefully I tagged the quote right, I'm on mobile, so...) Um, I know this is back quite aways in the pages but I just got an Alantis tail that I am going to use with my Luna monofin. The extra fins feel like they slipped some sort of slight stabilizer in, but not too much? It's hard to describe. Name:  1550707463692.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  48.6 KBName:  20190220_190155.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  50.0 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Oooh thats pretty! Also, I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't clean their whole house before taking photos Haha (i never post mine bc my animals create chaos in my house soon after i clean so i look like i never clean)
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Name:  IMG_3184.JPG
Views: 561
Size:  16.9 KBName:  IMG_3185.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  17.0 KBName:  IMG_3183.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  17.8 KBName:  IMG_3182.JPG
Views: 551
Size:  18.1 KBName:  IMG_3186.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  15.3 KB

Ok so
    1. This is my first time uploading pictures so i hope it goes ok
    2. Sorry for the crappy photo quality and totally messy room, i was too busy filming and smiling like a loon and forgot to take decent photos

Anyway, I recently got my very first tail, the finfun Celtic Green!!!! I'm absolutely in love, it's so pretty!! Green is my very favourite colour and so of the tails fin fin has, this is my favourite. I'm a big fan of how realistic the scale design and colours are, unlike the aussie green which is more "patchy"

I got the "new" monofin, the advanced monofin pro, based on reviews ive watched by nerdmaid faith and courtney mermaid on the different monofins. It was $15 extra to my order, and I got a new customer 10% off coupon that took off $10. I like that the AMP has foot cushioning and a line of stitching between the feet, to prevent rubbing. I have chronic pain so comfort is key!
    I've yet to swim in it because it's February and I'm at college in a small snow-covered town without an indoor pool, but so far I love it!!! I plan to post my unboxing video soon on my YouTube 🧜🏻*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I did not mean that in a bad way ^_^

I love how the tail scales fade into the fluke on that skin! They need to update the photos on their tailskins bc they look so great in person but meh online!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    I did not mean that in a bad way ^_^

I love how the tail scales fade into the fluke on that skin! They need to update the photos on their tailskins bc they look so great in person but meh online!
    XD oh I get it. The only reason I picked this tail was because 8ne of the ambassadors was showing off the tail in a review.

I get to go to a mer meetup next weekend and I plan on taking this tail and shoving my roommate into my sunset tail. Hopefully I will have video then.

So I hear you guys want some red?

Just a heads up, as of right now Finfun is sold out of their custom tail options. Kind of a bummer. =/
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I have video of my tail now! The meetup was today. I loved every second of it. Name:  879E7BD6B1C73945A9DAD7958783120B.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  19.5 KBName:  20190310_173026.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  37.0 KB

Anyone else think the new Hawaiian tail looks like the Finfolk Lillikoi? It even has similar scale shape. (Not trying to hate on Finfun, cuz I love them, but this weirds me out)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    Personally, I really love the Hawaiian tail and the fact that they are branching out into a more realistic scale shape.

As far as the scales go, we mers tend to gravitate towards that style, and most tail makers have at least one option that has their own artistic spin on it. So I'm personally not all that bothered by it.