Thread: Most comfortable mono fin foot pockets?

Most comfortable mono fin foot pockets?

Hiiiii! I have really sensitive feet and ankles, and every foot pocket I've ever tried is uncomfortable. What style of mono fin foot pockets were most comfortable for longterm/extended use for you? What are the things you look for in foot pockets? What materials? (softer, thin rubber vs hard rubber, etc) Full foot or with a strap at the back?

I'd love any opinions I could get! thank you. <3

Because a good monofin is very tight to your feet, I would not recommend you using one because during movement the ankles are used heavily (transport of the power from the legs via your feet into the monofin)!

What style of mono fin foot pockets were most comfortable for longterm/extended use for you?
    I am using a Mermaid Kat Hyper and a Leaderfins Hyper Professional. In my opinion both monofins do have comfortable foot pockets.
    I cannot tell you about other vendors.

What are the things you look for in foot pockets?
    tight and fits well - like any other fin (should not rub and should not be too tight)

What materials? (softer, thin rubber vs hard rubber, etc)
    I prefer harder rubber in front of the foot, the strap should not hurt

Full foot or with a strap at the back?
    strap

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I have merfin, Sun Tail, Fin Fun, Finis Foil and Ebay monofins. Out of all of them, I prefer my Finis Foil first because the foot pockets stretch with you as you swim, and secondly, the Ebay one as I can wear thick neoprene socks to keep my feet warm.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    I find the Luna is great for comfort because it’s very soft and flowy so there’s not much pressure on your feet and ankles, it’s fully silicone but I’ve found the pockets nice and squishy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Honestly, the Luna is great for comfort, as well as finis. My personal favorite monofin is my Mahina paired with a Magictail Pro. I put this wax like thing on my heels to prevent blisters and always stretch to avoid cramps.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    The Lunocet. The "fin pockets" are shoes. Actual cycling shoes, designed to be worn for hours. Furthermore, you buy them separately, so you can try them on before you buy, and can make sure they fit.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

for monofins, "hyper" are going to hug the feet better, There are some brands like the Malchonov that sell a soft rubber making them even more comfortable. If you really wanted comfort and performance a custom 400 mono fin will go a long ways. Starfin would be my suggestion.

I have a Finis Foil, and wear low-cut white cotton socks on my feet while using it. I have had no problems with it. It is far more comfortable than the Finis Shooter, Trainer, Competitor, or Golden Zoomers.

I've heard that the fantasea fin by mertailor is very comfortable because it is made of silicone. The finis luna is also a good choice

I have fairly large and wide feet and haven't had much luck with fitting monofins yet (the Mahina L just plain doesn't fit me); I'm using a Suntails ATM because I suspect I'll have similar problems with the Finis Luna and it's too pricey to order just to try. (I've had mediocre luck with Finis bifins in the past; their unisex/men's sizing seems to be more generous but their women-oriented products run small and narrow, IME) I prefer rubber to silicon myself (I feel like it moves and rubs less), foot enclosures that are seperate for each foot rather than binding your feet against each other, and with adjustable tightness. (My friend with very small feet fits into the Mermaid LInden monofin and reports that it feels very much like her US Diver bifins that she uses for snorkeling; I wish there was something like that in adult sizes that was more affordable!- it has adjustable straps like the bifins do.)

Neoprene dive socks are VERY cheap (usually $3-5 a pair) and dive booties (thicker neoprene, usually with a solid but flexible sole) are generally under $30 and can make a huge difference in comfort for wearing fins if chafing is an issue.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapdragon View Post
    My friend with very small feet fits into the Mermaid LInden monofin and reports that it feels very much like her US Diver bifins that she uses for snorkeling; I wish there was something like that in adult sizes that was more affordable!
    Mermaid Linden is releasing an adult version of her monofin this year! Very soon I believe, before the end of US summer judging by the price of the kids ones, the adult hopefully won’t be more than $60-$80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram