Thread: Competitor Troubles

Competitor Troubles

I've recently made a tailskin for my cut competitor and was able to test it out a few days later.

I absolutely adore it and it works so much better than my Fin Fun! That being said...

It feels like I'm snapping my feet in half. Perhaps it's because I'm used to the plastic being underneath in the other monofin?

Would something like water shoes be supportive enough to help the issue, or is this a matter of training? I'd love to get more use out of it, but it feels like a giant plank tied to my ankles at the moment, haha.

Thank you for any advice you may have.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    I'd love to get more use out of it, but it feels like a giant plank tied to my ankles at the moment, haha.
    exactly the issue I had with mine.
    Felt so unnatural and cumbersome, had to put in a lot of work to move, and quite unsuited to what I do most (choreographies, underwater tricks, fast direction changes etc).

Maybe you can try out a few more different fins (I found quite a few which work much better AND are more comfortable) and then decide which is the one for you.