Hi all,

I've been swimming three times a week for the last month or so (2x 1h lap sessions and a 2h class/freeswim), plus some other random swims. As soon as I'm out of the water, I'm already thinking about my next swim... My Finfun is and has been great, and I trust it will last me a while longer, but I'm already starting to notice a couple small holes I had to patch, and the neoprene cover for the fluke is starting to stretch. Given how often I swim, I'm not surprised and I certainly don't think the Finfun tail is bad at all. Quite the opposite, it's been a fantastic starter.

Now though, I want to step up to something a bit better and more durable. I'm not ready for hybrid or silicon, I'll wait a full year before spending that kind of money, plus I'm still losing some weight. So I want to get another fabric tail, but maybe something like a 1m neoprene(like) fabric tail. I would be ok with 3mm, but I love being down at the bottom of the water so I'm a bit worried about floatiness.

Here is where I am hoping for help/advice;

I'm not interested in being pro, I'm strictly recreational, but I do take it seriously and want something durable/lasting. I'm more interested in function over form (I mean, I still want it to be pretty, but not have flowing fabrics, extra fins or so one that would increase drag). I really live the Finfun approach to flukes without foot pockets, as I can go a full two hours without sore feet where often my fellow mers in class are sore after the first hour. So a monofin with good power and comfort is most important.

If it matters, I'm 5'9", 150lbs (but dropping) and size 9.5 feet.

Thanks for any insight, pointers, cautionary tails and advice! ^_^

Digimer