Thread: How long does dragon skin keep?

How long does dragon skin keep?

I am halfway through making my new dragon skin silicone mermaid tail and it’s looking like a may not have quite enough to finish. However I have a pot with some leftover from last years tail. Does anyone know if that will still be ok to use?
    Dragon skin 10 medium.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    As long at it has not been mixed and has not been in freezing or overly hot temperatures it should work fine. Just make sure you stir both parts before use.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Oh that’s great! Thanks

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    In the instructions or on the jars should be a shelf life date. That guaranties that it's still working fine before that date, if you passed that date, you might make a test item first before you use everything. And as Ashton said, stir the contents of the jars before pouring it out to get mixed.
    Your imagination is your only limit

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Someone from Reynolds advanced materials told me that it has a longer shelf life than what's on the package. The guy told me that some two part polymer systems like epoxy glue and fiberglass resin work using a polymer that cures very slowly, and the second component is a catalyst that speeds up the curing process to minutes instead of months. Those systems are always curing (just very slowly) so they have finite shelf lives. The guy at Reynolds said dragon skin doesn't work like that. He said the curing reaction doesn't start until they mix, so it can be stored much longer. This is just what I was told. I can't confirm whether he had his facts straight.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I have used 2 year old Dragonskin and it was fine.