Thread: Swimtails

Member Pod of The South Mermaid Kalele's Avatar

Swimtails

I decided to go with a Swimtails fabric tail and matching top for my first tail and I love the design even better in person! I'm 5'3", 125lbs, and went with the small tail, fits like a glove and isn't too short. Im a DD bra size however and ordered the XL top, a little loose on the bottom band but fits otherwise. Blessing the tail in the water tomorrow, I'm so excited for my first tail swim!Name:  20180523_160606.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  72.4 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Oooooh! First swim is super exciting! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun, but do swim safe! It's a little (well, a lot) different from human swimming. Once you get used to it, you'll be flying and not want to human swim, but do be careful while you get used to being a mermaid. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by digimer View Post
    Oooooh! First swim is super exciting! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun, but do swim safe! It's a little (well, a lot) different from human swimming. Once you get used to it, you'll be flying and not want to human swim, but do be careful while you get used to being a mermaid. ^_^
    Thanks, my first swim was mermazing despite my local pool being on the smaller side. I've been practicing with my Mahina alone for a year before I took the tail plunge so to speak. As an island woman and a SCUBA diver I was already fairly proficient with the dolphin kick but new to a monofin. I love mermaiding!

That's so awesome! So I had no reason for concern, sounds like you did it super safe. I have to say, as a land-locked Canadian, I'm jealous of of the "island woman" part.

I got into mermaiding a couple months ago, and I now try to get practice mermaiding three times a week. I think it's the most fun I've ever had. It's sooooo fun! <3

That's so awesome! So I had no reason for concern, sounds like you did it super safe. I have to say, as a land-locked Canadian, I'm jealous of of the "island woman" part.

I got into mermaiding a couple months ago, and I now try to get practice mermaiding three times a week. I think it's the most fun I've ever had. It's sooooo fun! <3
    Yasss, totally was awesome! Ha, yes I'm originally a Hawaiian mermaid but I'm relocated to the mainland in South Carolina. I feel so landlocked here but I'm grateful for the pools! There is also a lake nearby so I'll try that for open water swimming when I am used to my tail.

That's so cool that you got into mermaiding a few months ago and practice on the regular.... we definitely have a unique new hobby!

<3

If you ever find yourself in the Ontario, Canada area, let me know! Would be lovely to meet fellow mermaids. Keep practicing and having fun! It's a fantastic way to stay in shape, too. ^_^

<3

If you ever find yourself in the Ontario, Canada area, let me know! Would be lovely to meet fellow mermaids. Keep practicing and having fun! It's a fantastic way to stay in shape, too. ^_^
    Yes, for sure! If you ever find yourself in South Carolina or close by let me know. Always a pleasure making merfriends. Thanks for the encouragement, you keep practicing as well... and getting better every day 🧜*♀️

Sorry for the slow reply! Been at Mermaid Megafest 2018. It's been sooooooo fun! You so have to come next year! ^_^

I've got a client in Winston-Salem, NC. Not sure how far that is, but it's always fun to get some mermaid practice in with new people. Learn something new from every mermaid I meet.

Mermaid megafest, where was that held? That sounds awesome, glad you had so much fun!

There is a lake that is supposed to be beautiful and clear up in Northern South Carolina called Lake Jocassee. I'm going there in a few weeks to teach SCUBA and plan on doing an open water swim with my tail.

Junior Member Pod of Cali Tiffany Wong's Avatar
    Omg you look GORGEOUS

Aww, thank you Tiffany!!!