Thread: Hello from a newbie in Colorado Springs!

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod ElisaWynn's Avatar

Hello from a newbie in Colorado Springs!

Hello, everyone! I'm Elisa and also really excited that I found this community site. I never realized there were so many others out there with a love for mermaids and the water!&nbsp;<br><br>I am brand new to mermaiding but no stranger to the water. I grew up in FL, and we moved to CO this past year for my husband's job (environmental restoration).

I am
    28, and spent most of my teen years swimming, surfing, and sailing. I taught a lot of kids camps in and around the water and loved working with children. I've also done a lot of drama and acting/performing for free/non-paying events and festivals for fun. Since moving to CO, I have fallen in love with the mountians, but I really miss the water and wanted to find a way to reconnect with it. I saw some people with mermaid tails on instagram and other social media and was blown away! I wish I had known this was a thing sooner! I just ordered my first fabric tail and monofin and I'm so excited for them to arrive.

Not really sure what else to talk about or mention. Out of Merworld, I'm going to school for Cyber Security, and I really enjoy reading, multimedia art, and hiking. Hope to meet some new friends here!

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Summersun09's Avatar
    Welcome Elisa!

I’m 27 and live in Broomfield but have been looking for a new swimming buddy ever since my sister moved out of state. If you ever want to meet let me know! I have a handmade silicone tail and a fabric tail to play around with.

Summer
    Instagram: @summerastark

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod ElisaWynn's Avatar
    Oh Awesome! It's so nice to meet you! I am down here in the Springs but I have extended family up in Broomfield! We are trading out our car soon, but as soon as we do that the new one will be able to handle distance better! I'd love to meetup sometime soon. You (and your tail) look so lovely! <3

I also really want to bring my tail up to swim in some lakes or rivers, but I'm a bit new to being away from the ocean/intercoastal waterway and I'm not quite sure how it works here with swimming in natural bodies of water.