Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warning about Anna Browne - "Tail Maker"

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Man I've got number 2. , 15. and 13. down to an art form! I'm working on 11, but that's probably falling into number 13 again. How many does one need to qualify?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Lol it's totally normal for anyone to have them pop up from time to time, or even to have some of them permanently. (hello my adhd makes me #3!) but the test is done on a scale of each item being a 0-1-2-3 depending on the severity, several times in a year, in conjunction with other assessments. So I obviously can't assess Miss Anna lol.

But I do think the act of retaliation by filing false insurance claims def falls under a psyhopathic behaviour, especially when you see it in conjunction to everything else she's doing and the death threats to others etc. and in all honesty, people SHOULD be scared of her behaviour and protect themselves.

Insurance claim update: after going to three post offices over two days, I'm finally informed that they can't forward anything to the claims office if I don't have the box. Since Anna and I were talking days before and days after she filed the claim and didn't see fit to tell me that she filed it, I recycled the shipping box.

Gonna send a nice letter to the claims inspector about the situation, though.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

man that's frustrating. Are there any negative repercussions on you? If you're sending the letter, I would be sure to include some of the proof of her other scams such as the avon one etc.

I'll include a link to the thread. I was only planning on including pics of the other tail in addition to mine, since it had similar issues and was shipped via UPS. That's direct "these tails were screwed when they went in the box" evidence, whereas the Avon scam is less relevant.

If you got any back channel stories with similar tails that haven't made it up yet, if it's appropriate you can ping me with details to include.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    But I do think the act of retaliation by filing false insurance claims def falls under a psyhopathic behaviour, especially when you see it in conjunction to everything else she's doing and the death threats to others etc. and in all honesty, people SHOULD be scared of her behaviour and protect themselves.
    Absolutely. I've been following this thread, and she's obv not a well person.

Anna's behaviour is clearly more than just problematic, and anyone can see that with or without any kind of professional training or education. We can all assess how people interact, no one needs to be a professional or have a psych education to see there is something clearly wrong there. I truly hope she finds herself in a real psychiatric eval for, both for herself and for everyone she is causing to suffer. Either she isn't responsible for her actions because she's mentally too far gone, or she does know and doesn't care or has convinced herself otherwise. She's not going to stop, if she even knows how to stop hurting people at this point.

Since her crimes and theft take place online, anyone in the US who's dealt with her might want to report fraud here: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/

And consider reporting her to the US Postal Inspector if she's using the mail system in her crimes: https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

Thing is, even if they can't do anything yet, the more people who report her the better, so that her name will be in a database in case someone's actually able to go after her in court, or when she ends up getting herself arrested for the federal offense of mail insurance fraud, she'll be there. Corroborating testimony is helpful.

Excellent links deepblue, being as I am not American I had no idea but imma bookmark those for others too!

And thank you for your points and observations as well. I certainly do not want to hurt anyone with mental illness, but I also think we can't dance around the toxic behaviour we're seeing here and need to call it or nothing will change. You put it much more eloquently than I could!

Guys I have received contact from her, this is a warning that she is back.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Contact

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdmaid Faith View Post
    Guys I have received contact from her, this is a warning that she is back.

How is she contacting you? I was hoping she had shut down, is she trying to sell you a tail?

[QUOTE=Mermaidsh;298456]For clarification, the event Anna set up was a public meet up for the entire pod, but it was not her event. She created the Facebook event, but was not the organizer or the admin. When she thought I would confront her in person, she presented me as a bully to the actual admins because I wanted to still attend an open meet up when she thought I shouldn't. I didn't go chasing Anna, we were both attending the event and until the scam tail issues, didn't have a problem with me.

I ended up not attending the event with the advice and coaching from our pods admin when they researched Anna's track record. Anna also didn't attend and said she was retiring from mermaiding for awhile because she was leaving the country.

First thought... Something in your formatting is breaking every other image or so, but the thread is still followable.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how to fix images when they do that? On my end it still looks complete. I don't post to forums often. I can't even get the quote thing to work.
    Thats always her go to, when sue scammed me it was always" I have to do it by this time because im leaving the country"

FEW THINGS.

1) deactivating your account does mean someone who has NEVER MESSAGED YOU BEFORE can't find you to send you a message. So yes, it does deactivate your messenger.

2) The mermaid mania mods have told me anna has been using alt accounts to spy in the group and also having friends report back with screenshots (I've asked them to post here but they havent yet)

3) if Anna feels so strongly all of these screencaps and photos are slander, they lawyer up woman. Making legal threats when you actually can't, is called legally bullying, and unsurprisingly, is illegal. I'm so tired of mermaids who threaten this stuff when they're the ones actually breaking the law. she's not the first and wont be the last to try and pull this shit and get shut down.

4) Britt owes Anna nothing, she can cut and run after the crap she got.

5) wasn't this woman moving like, yesterday, to live in a monastery?

6) Anna can't stop anyone from attending a public event.

7) this woman has been caught in so many lies we do not owe her anything. You don't have to assume the best, you honestly don't This is a scammer. we've proven that time and time again. it's time for her to leave the community.
    thank you so much for thos Raina!!!

She contacted me 4 months after I had reached out, concerned about her scamming a member of my pod.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

aww, and here I thought that we'd heard the last of the dreadful creature
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

She contacted me 4 months after I had reached out, concerned about her scamming a member of my pod.

Do you get the impression she's trying to go back to scamming people? That's really the big issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by LaenaMarsh View Post
    Do you get the impression she's trying to go back to scamming people? That's really the big issue here.

It seems like shes trying to continue getting money from my and my pod members specific situation.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

It seems like shes trying to continue getting money from my and my pod members specific situation.

Well, that's depressing.

everyone is suddenly getting these messages....

everyone is suddenly getting these messages....

I got one. Given that I've described everything here, I don't see any reason to reply to her.

same, got one yesterday. I've publicly said my piece. I don't feel like re-hashing it privately for her
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

She just used like 10 different alt accounts to exploit a 1 time discount code from finfolk, so I don't think she's changed that much. I suggest people just ignore this message from her and carry on.