Thread: Pools around NKY/Cinci area that allow tails?

Unhappy Pools around NKY/Cinci area that allow tails?

Does anyone know of any pools around the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area that allow tails?
    I tried the YMCA, but they apparently have had a hard ban on tails since 2016, and the Aquatics director even went as far as to react fearfully when i showed her my mono fin.

I'd really not want to move out of this area as its very nice and i just resumed work on several personal issues, though i am willing to move in a year or so, but it seems everyone is banning tails across the board here.

~Mermaid Alki

I know what you mean, I live in this same area and there just are really not a lot of options. I have been looking too. My parents own a pool so i have been visiting there but its honestly not big enough. I do wonder if the florence aquatic center would be willing to set something up though. Maybe if it were like an organized meet up or event type deal. The truth is a lot of the places here are gonna throw the insurance deal or excuse at us. But if you have any luck please share amd if i any i will post back to the board

I know the LA Fitness on Turfway in Florence allow monofins, but their pool is tiny, like, two-three fin flicks and you've crossed it, only has two lanes, is very shallow and like 2 to 3 feet deep, also the manager said I couldn't use my monofin if anyone else was in the pool. I swam there for a few weeks before I decided a $30+ monthly payment wasn't going to work for just simple weekend swimming. According to a friend on facebook, Coney Island might allow tails, and I'll investigate the Florence Aquatics Center.

Okay, So here is what i found out about the Florence Aquatic Center so far. I called them and spoke with someone and they told me they will allow mono fins either for the first hour of operation or from 6-7 in the evening they will make a lane for some one to use a mono fin to train in. they would prefer those times because there are fewer people at the park then and they feel its safer that way. Calling ahead would be a good idea and the entrance fee to the park for a Boone County resident is 10$. I did not ask about full tails right now with just the safety measure they would take for a mono fin i would probably say it would be a no. we will see what happens in time and if a good relationship will be established. if i get time in the next week or so i may check it out. I am using a Mertailor Fantasea fin and i will see the reaction on that. I did explain that i am doing the training for mermaiding though so they know.

So, out of curiosity I called up the Union Pool. I asked flat out if they allow mono fins and tails, and they responded that they do. Might go for a swim this weekend if i have time. Talk about a good find!! : D

Great to hear that. I have yet to go to florence. Though i would like to try my tail out in their pool. Happy for you though.

Just an FYI - the Mercy Healthplex allows monofins. Not sure about full tails as I don’t have mine yet, but I will let you know! I ordered a fabric tail and then realized - where am I gonna use it? I guess I’ll just have an excuse to go to Florida now!

The local pool i work at in the suburbs outside of cincinnati allows tails you just have to pass a swim test. we had some kids who got one cause it was cool but couldn't swim with their legs together get hurt which is many many pools have the reaction they do. The pool is small only 20yrds on it's longest side. but it's a fun little neighborhood pool that has quite a few kids that you'd impress.