Hey! Happy to have found this site as hopefully it will be a place I can connect with some nice fellow mermen and mermaids! I have a lot of medical limitations grew up in and out of hospitals, and have been told my dream of owning a silicone tail one day is not worth it. I wasn’t supposed to live past 11, I’m currently 26 thanks to a clinical trial that came out when I was 9. I now get the treatment weekly. I briefly lost my ability to walk but with physical thearapy when I was senior in highscool I got out of chair and can walk short distance myself. I have inner ear issues so not good when water gets in.. I know that’s not making me sound like a good merDude I don’t have anyone in my life I can discuss my interest with without harsh judgement.
i love water despite the risks, oceans, lakes, pools, I feel better in it, I’ve always thought the merman was the coolest mythical creature I pray one day I get the chance to even try a silicone tail and maybe get photos, but I think I have the spirit to earn my scales, I try to stay positive and believe the best is always around the corner. I like to beat the odds.
And looking forward to getting to know fellow mers!