Thread: Mono fin for the big feet curse!

Mono fin for the big feet curse!

Hello all i am in search of a mono fin that will fit my size 14 feet! Its a curse but i refuse to give up hope!!! If anyone knows of a source to look into please email me at Milotivoir101@yahoo.com i would be very appreciative!!! Its time for this merman to get his tail!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fenicia View Post
    https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...-minos/31964/p <= this one is for very big shoe-size
    Thank you soooo much!!!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Big finned merman92 View Post
    14 feet! Its a curse
    it can be an advantage. When you swim dolphin without fins, you'll be a lot faster than small-footed swimmers because your feet will act like a minifluke

Good luck with your monofin!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    As Ive said before:

https://www.ultimateswimfin.com/

You attach bicycle shoes to them. You can get those at a sporting good store in your size, and you can try them on before buying, making sure they fit.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Member Euro Pod
    I really advice the minos! (the one Fenicia sund)
    I have the hydra(smaller version)
    and they are very comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by Big finned merman92 View Post
    Hello all i am in search of a mono fin that will fit my size 14 feet! Its a curse but i refuse to give up hope!!! If anyone knows of a source to look into please email me at Milotivoir101@yahoo.com i would be very appreciative!!! Its time for this merman to get his tail!!!

I also have size 14 feet and its soo annoying

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app

Hope you find the right fin that fits you soon!

fantasea fin by mertailor they now have xl foot pokets

I just got a Spellbound tail with XL foot pockets. It has molded silicone foot pocks like the Fantasea, but uses different molds. I am guessing that an "XL" size on one will be about the same as an "XL" size on the other. Mine does fit, and fit reasonably well. The largest Mahina does not fit me well. Although with alot of lube and effort I can get into a Mahina, it is painful.
    The only issue I have with the Spellbound is there is a feature in the strap that digs into the inside of my foot, right below the ankle bone. Its at the lower edge of the strap, sort of a little ledge of silicone that sticks inward, and makes a pressure point. After wearing the tail for a couple of hours, that part of my foot was in continuous pain for two days. Even now, if I press on the spot, it hurts. Oh, and the Mahina presses on the same spot. I have no idea if the Fantasea will have this feature.
    Also, my method of getting the thing on may have damaged it. The story:
    I am not flexible enough to reach my feet when my knees are together, as when trying to get into a silicone tail. So, by method for getting into the monofin is:
    Lube up my left foot with coconut oil. Get it into the foot pocket, helping it along with my hands. Lube up the right foot. Feet only, get my right toes into the foot pocket. Pull with the left foot to pull the monofin onto my right foot. Keep pulling with the left, really hard, while wiggling the right foot, until the right foot strap slides into place.
    The result of the hard pulling was a small tear in the left foot strap. I found it while looking for what was causing my foot pain.
    Mertailor said that they do repairs with GE clear silicone I. I got some and now the tail is outside in the Florida heat and humidity, curing. After its done, Ill try trimming off some of that ledge to see if I can relieve the pressure point.
    My plan for putting on the tail is to loop cloth straps around the foot straps, to help ease them on without all the hard pulling. Raina's method, I believe.
    Last edited by Merman Storm; 07-24-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Fix an error in the tail names.

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I am confused, was that a fantasea fin or a spellbound tail???

They use the same mold for shape but have different foot pockets. I thought the XL fanta-sea just came out yesterday. I have the tail if that's what you're talking about, and the fin, the fin has a much different pocket/strap. My tail takes me a long time to get my feet in and out, and I use a lot of lube. The straps are much wider and taller. My fin, I can get on and off hands free

The thickness and width of the Fantasea Fin ankle straps traps are thinner as the ankle straps in the Spellbound Tails are typically a little wider and thicker.

I think I saw mertailor make a post about it, I'll try to find it. But yeah I thiiink you might be confused if you're indeed talking about your fin inside the tail I was planning on making a comparison video but I haven't had time yet!

My mistake. Its a spellbound tail, which has a similar, but not the same monofin. I'll correct the original post as well.

Let the storm rage on!

Forgive me for coming in late, but I think I might have one fin you could look at. I usually have to wear roughly a US 12/13 in men's sizes (not sure how that translates in other countries), so I empathize all too well!
    After digging around for research, I bought the SunTails Nunui monofin to use for my first tail and fin. I figured that if it didn't work out, then it wasn't too terribly a bad investment at about $60. I bought my fin a little over a year ago and it's still holding up quite well! I don't see myself using another type of monofin since I don't want to have to deal with ankle/foot blistering or knocking up against each other. Until I see something more comfortable, then I'm sticking with them. Most of the other fins I've seen didn't look very comfortable to me, either.
    I haven't really tried using it for quick maneuvering for tricks, I've found that it covers distance very easily. I'm not a beginner swimmer, but mermaiding is sort of new to me at nearly a year.
    Even better, if for some odd reason you might break the fin or lose the pockets, you can buy replacements! That was another plus I saw compared to other monofins.
    Nerdmaid Faith did a review for it, too. Hope that helps you one way or the other!

Last edited by Discordien; 07-26-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Actual video wasn't showing. Ugh.