Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Merman seeking advice

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    It's very frustrating, isn't it? They make it really difficult to get designated for SSDI, it takes so long, and most still end up on SSI. 2/3 of applicants are turned down immediately. It's happened to three friends of mine who have debilitating illnesses. One of them actually passes out if she sits up too long, can't walk because of the same- she has a rare blood pressure disorder- but they put her through her through the ringer until it was too late to keep applying for SSDI.

    I'm on SSDI and when it was just me and my child, here in So Cal, I saved in a manner a lot like was mentioned above.

    The way I'd do it was to ration everything. I'm WW2 homefront history geek, and I admire greatly the way people of the time, esp in the UK, managed during rationing. So, I'd get paid, and take care of the priorities first- rent, phone/Internet, groceries for the month. Which I'd separate into boxes, one for each week. This allowed me to observe what was left over and not needed, and with a growing child it sometimes changed. Any remaining cash was then divided into even amounts for each week in the month, and I'd use it for fresh produce at the farmer's market (because prices were good and I could walk there, as I had no vehicle), and needs that might arise like crayons, extra Band-Aids, inhaler refills, etc. I rarely went out, but when I did it was easier for me than most because the DJs are usually people I know and would offer to guest-list me, and I didn't have to buy my own drinks pretty much ever. Over time, I didn't buy myself new clothes very often and when I did, they were from Target or second hand places, and I made my own basics sometimes, out of things like an unused duvet cover or disused pillowcases. At the end of the month, whatever tiny amount that was left could go into savings, but once in a great while I'd buy myself a small treat.

    So I advise seeing where you can cut back, and if you can do it in an organized fashion, you'll get to some saving faster.

    I understand wanting a silicone tail. And there's a lot good advice here about why they're not recommended for first time tailswimmers. And I agree that most fabric tails don't have that look- until I saw Finfolk's fabric tails. They are incredibly realistic, with flukes that take various standard monofins. Personally, I'm not a huge flukes gal, but I love the smaller flukes on their Mythic line (a neoprene base with resin scales). And I like that price. And that you can buy extra scales and add them to the tail to change the pattern.

    But that's all I'm saying about that, before you tell us all to STOP RECOMMENDING FABRIC TAILS! It's because we care. But yeah. If your heart is set, it's set.
    Heyy first off no I’m not getting frustrated with all the fabric suggestions as I mentioned I’ve tried a mertailer eco tail and it’s cool just not exactly what I was hoping for, but I sincerely love just being able to discuss this openly with ppl for a change and I welcome all advice thoughts and just general chat I can tell all the comments here are coming from a place of care, sorry if I’m coming off stubborn lol I really am taking it all to heart.

    YEAH!!! They make it so freaking impossible thankfully we started applying 3 years prior and made it just in time for when my infusions required it when I came of 18 I believe. And with all the hoops and ppl who don’t know their job it’s easy to mess stuff up but this is ppls lives they are handling!

    im going to focus on budgintinf more my family tells me I do a really good job compartiovely I do like you say factor in my payment and pay out all bills first save a little for gas and food and some goes into savings (gonna start another pocket savings with change and cash that I have easier acess to. And I have started keeping my change

    going forward I know a few areas I can scrape in order to
    Save more video games, frivolous purchases, (however I will keep the occasional book and manga purchases) lol
    but definateltly need to buckle down a little tighter
    my biggest issue is when medical problem blows up and my savings gets eat up ha
    but im hopeful
    and again I value everyone’s input and the time they took to respond to me

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    Saving money is all about spending less. I have a fully solar powered house and two Teslas. I did not get them by having a gigantic wage.

    Look at every purchase and ask, is it needed? Can I get it for less somewhere else? Or by waiting for a sale? Or by buying in bulk? Or by fixing something I already have? Or by making it myself?

    Drive slower on the freeway, save gas money.

    Look for on-line jobs, or as suggested above, part time jobs.
    Yeah, I would totally in what you said. Its all up to someone to make tight expenses with that you can save a lot. Its true also that you can find work online that can help you earn.

  3. #23
    Sell stuff on Facebook. Sell your old stuff you no longer use. See a free dresser somewhere on the curb cause college kids are moving out -grab it and slap it up for a really good price online. Know of an item that people are always searching for? If u are out thrifting and see the same item, grab it and flip it on Facebook for a profit. Donít go crazy trying to hoard a bunch of junk and donít be a dink about your pricing. If u are smart about it you can make some decent cash and itís no different than having a yard sale but with less hassles


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverlandMerman View Post
    creatively Iím good at writing, or taking photos, but thatís about it lol
    This is probably the most uncomfortable suggestion I've ever made for somebody, but there is a market for writers that can make you some money to play with or save up if you're comfortable with it. People pay for writing commissions, usually if you're willing to write short stories that are uh... adult in nature.

    I'm an artist myself, and I'd jump on the fetish commission cash cow if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not a fan of taking commissions. It is by far the easiest market to get into.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

  5. #25
    Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    282
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    This is probably the most uncomfortable suggestion I've ever made for somebody, but there is a market for writers that can make you some money to play with or save up if you're comfortable with it. People pay for writing commissions, usually if you're willing to write short stories that are uh... adult in nature.

    I'm an artist myself, and I'd jump on the fetish commission cash cow if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not a fan of taking commissions. It is by far the easiest market to get into.
    Just to jump in here, if you're going this route use a pseudonym. A lot of writers use different names when they choose to go off brand in their writing and while yes it's traceable back to them eventually it's a good practice to get into to protect yourself and your brand.

    As for other ventures you could pursue, Society6, Etsy etc those are all places you can start and start small with little to no investment or business experience but the reality is that it takes a great investment of time and dedication to make a profit and while making a profit is important, following your passions and having patience doing it helps a lot. I know too many artists that get caught up doing things they aren't passionate about and burning themselves out because they aren't invested in their own work or the money doesn't come in fast enough to seem worthwhile. It can take years to be financially successful, and while overnight sensations do happen they are rare and require almost perfect timing.

    Good luck on your goals, perseverance pays.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Arking View Post
    Just to jump in here, if you're going this route use a pseudonym. A lot of writers use different names when they choose to go off brand in their writing and while yes it's traceable back to them eventually it's a good practice to get into to protect yourself and your brand.

    As for other ventures you could pursue, Society6, Etsy etc those are all places you can start and start small with little to no investment or business experience but the reality is that it takes a great investment of time and dedication to make a profit and while making a profit is important, following your passions and having patience doing it helps a lot. I know too many artists that get caught up doing things they aren't passionate about and burning themselves out because they aren't invested in their own work or the money doesn't come in fast enough to seem worthwhile. It can take years to be financially successful, and while overnight sensations do happen they are rare and require almost perfect timing.

    Good luck on your goals, perseverance pays.
    Not sure I could do the sexual writing as I’m kinda niaeve to that stuff lol, but good tip on using differ name. I just have a lot of roadblocks for making a profit anything online would require an account which would be connected to my infor and bank, and if I were to make a profit non cash and social security found out they could terminate my benefits an insurance
    it’s fristrationg at times

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •