Thread: Customizing a mertailor monofin?

Customizing a mertailor monofin?

So i ordered myself a Fantasea monofin and i just got the notification that its been shipped out, yayyy!
    In anticipation of recieving my new fin ive been lurking around the mertailor tag on instagram and i stubled across a gorgeous special airbrushed ombre fantasea fin that was a prize won by a mer during a promotional contest... which got me thinking.. i wonder if it would me possible to airbrush my fin myself once i recieve it...
    I dont have much experience with silicone products but i do have an airbrush, air compressor, and acess to youtube hahah
    I just wanted to see what some of your opinions are.. im sure itd void any warranty on the fin so it may be too risky... also, as i said i dont know much about silicone so im not even sure if silicone paint would stick on the fin anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So yeah, what do you guys think about it?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Bumping bc its been almost a week with no responses

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I would suggest swimming in it first. Check out the fit and the feel and the movement before you make any changes. After that, you could send their customer service team an email asking for a detailed copy of the warranty and read through it. If you still want to paint it after that, I would suggest getting a small thing of silicone (like cauking or craft silicone) and making a test piece that you can basically swatch test your airbrush paint and technique on before you even touch the real fin.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

What TheMerFanc said ^. Swim in it to try it out and if you want to still paint it later on, test test test. You could even do a color test on a small patch of the inside of the foot pocket so that it wouldn't be visible in case you hated it. YouTube was my teacher so I'd suggest going and watching some tutorials, there are TONS of them!