Thread: Still kinda new mermaid from Kansas City, MO!

Still kinda new mermaid from Kansas City, MO!

Hey there! My mer-name is Undine(23yr), I've been floating around in fabric tails for about a year now all by my lonesome for the most part, not really sure how to connect or find other local mermaids until I found out about this forum on youtube!

I'd love to make some awesome mer-friends here, and find some more local places together to hang and swim besides just my apartment pool. Heh.
    Gotten a couple of friends into the idea(though they dont swim near as often), but would love get a group together, even if we're just floppin' around. :3

I'm a seamstress, and have been sewing for a few years, I made my own fabric tail last year right before winter, and never had the chance to use it so much, partly cause I was still shy swimming by myself in a tail at my apartment pool... BUT, I've had alot of fun in it this year, and want to improve the skill, and connect with fellow mer-tailors to better learn the ropes.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Hello and welcome!
    I make my own tails too. Do you sew your own tail matching swimsuits as well? Don't be shy about merswimming by yourself. Once others see, they'll want to join in the fun too!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Hello and welcome!
    I make my own tails too. Do you sew your own tail matching swimsuits as well? Don't be shy about merswimming by yourself. Once others see, they'll want to join in the fun too!
    Thanks, Jaffa! :3

I havent tried yet. In all the time I spent sewing(before making a tail) I've still never tackled swimsuits, I was always skeptical that my machine would just eat the fabric.(Though, after making my spandex tail, not the case while taking great care lol)
    Do you run, or did run into that same sorta issue if you found a sewing machine part to help? :o

Slowly building courage when it comes to swimming around more folks, its been good, if not alittle nervewrecking! hehe

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Welcome to the Waters, Undine! I lived in KC for awhile and will actually be flying back in October for a class reunion.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyUndine View Post
    Thanks, Jaffa! :3

Do you run, or did run into that same sorta issue if you found a sewing machine part to help? :o
    Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean my swimsuits or the tails?

In any case, I watched youtube tutorials on both. For the swimsuit pattern, I traced an old suit and made adjustments to the straps (thicker straps) and higher neckline.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Hey there! My mer-name is Undine(23yr), I've been floating around in fabric tails for about a year now all by my lonesome for the most part, not really sure how to connect or find other local mermaids until I found out about this forum on youtube!

I'd love to make some awesome mer-friends here, and find some more local places together to hang and swim besides just my apartment pool. Heh.
    Gotten a couple of friends into the idea(though they dont swim near as often), but would love get a group together, even if we're just floppin' around. :3

I'm a seamstress, and have been sewing for a few years, I made my own fabric tail last year right before winter, and never had the chance to use it so much, partly cause I was still shy swimming by myself in a tail at my apartment pool... BUT, I've had alot of fun in it this year, and want to improve the skill, and connect with fellow mer-tailors to better learn the ropes.
    Hello and welcome to MerNetwork. I'm a Missouri Mermaid as well! We should meet up sometime.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

Welcome! I'm a newer merperson in KC as well! My partner is also joining me in the mer journey!

We'd love to meet up and swim sometime. I haven't really found a place to swim yet so I'd be down for any places you know of.

First Tail Progress: Materials decided, saving begins

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid.Mikayla View Post
    Hello and welcome to MerNetwork. I'm a Missouri Mermaid as well! We should meet up sometime.

Hi!! Thanks for the welcome :3
    Where in missouri are you, if you don't mind my asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrea_Narwhal View Post
    Welcome! I'm a newer merperson in KC as well! My partner is also joining me in the mer journey!

We'd love to meet up and swim sometime. I haven't really found a place to swim yet so I'd be down for any places you know of.

Ah! That's wonderful! My partner is unfortunately not as into swimming as I, but I love 'em anyway
    ;3
    Where in KC are you, I'm nearer Liberty at the moment personally.
    As of right now, I only really swim at my apartment pool, which is saltwater, trying to find a near-ish YMCA or some such so I have a place to swim in the cold months lol

Forty-fifty minutes south of KC.

Mermaid Mikayla

And you're welcome

Mermaid Mikayla

We're in the North East area but can usually get wherever the bus goes.

I’m from Missouri pretty far from Kansas though

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Sent from My Shell Phone Mermaid Auquita

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrea_Narwhal View Post

Would anybody be willing to train new mermaids like children my cousins both live in the Kansas City area

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Auquita_123 View Post
    Would anybody be willing to train new mermaids like children my cousins both live in the Kansas City area

I would start with teaching the dolphin kick. Then you can work with them wearing a Monofin and a tail skin. You can teach them how to make bubble rings and hearts. Maybe sometime in the summer when I'm not working I can come down and help teach. There are also YouTube videos you can go off of. Just make sure that wherever you teach them they swim in only the areas they normally swim in without a Monofin or tail.
    Mermaid Mikayla

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid.Mikayla View Post
    I would start with teaching the dolphin kick. Then you can work with them wearing a Monofin and a tail skin. You can teach them how to make bubble rings and hearts. Maybe sometime in the summer when I'm not working I can come down and help teach. There are also YouTube videos you can go off of. Just make sure that wherever you teach them they swim in only the areas they normally swim in without a Monofin or tail.
    I don’t live near them I’m asking people if they can teach them I am too far away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk