Thread: Snorkeling is Fun!

Snorkeling is Fun!

I've been to some beautiful beaches and tried snorkeling. I enjoyed it and want to more to learn. Any advice and guidelines to do it perfectly. The problem is I can't stay or hold my breath for a long time. What are your thoughts about Snorkeling?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    You don't need to hold your breath if you use a snorkel while snorkeling. And there are many types of snorkel out there, if you don't like the upright pipe variation.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    You don't need to hold your breath if you use a snorkel while snorkeling. And there are many types of snorkel out there if you don't like the upright pipe variation.
    I appreciate your useful advice. I will take note of that.

I tried it few times and holding breath truely is most difficult tasc. Also I still cant decide which is better -- monomask or diving goggles.
    Anyway, I'm doing this more often without any mask -- less wision but more comfortable.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    If you do it with a tail, you do not use a full dolphin kick. You have to "cheat" and use mostly your legs. Otherwise you head bobs too much and you getting water in the the snorkel.
    Learn how to get water out of the mask: Exhale through your nose while pressing on the top edge, so the air and water are pushed out the bottom.
    Learn how to blow water out of the snorkel. You want a good hard exhale.
    Both of these last two can be done by sticking your heard out of the water and draining everything, but its more enjoyable if you don't have to keep doing that.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!