Thread: Merbella Studios wait time

Merbella Studios wait time

Hey guys!

What's Merbella's current wait time for custom silicone tails?

Thanks!

3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    They are not taking custom orders anymore, I don't think they've officially taken them in over a year. But occasionally if someone cancels an order and she has a spot, she'll squeeze someone in. It's mostly premade items she puts up for sale while she works through her wait list.

A mermaid on my team did a tail refurbish and it took a little over 2 years.

it's worth the wait if you can manage, but like I said, I don't think she's taking new orders. When she does, she posts on her FB. Keep an eye out for the premade tails though!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    She took on two of us last October for custom tails, but I think this is as Raina mentioned, due to a cancellation of prior clients. If you have the patience I would suggest watching the FB page or as I had done add a notification for their posts. That is quite literally how I lucked into seeing the opening around my wait to see if any of the premade tails were in my size or spoke to me. But as with most tail makers the way time is up there. I know the two of us who were taken on in October of 2017 were told this was a "open ended production slot" so that is something to consider if you are going to attempt to wait for such a similar opportunity to open up.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah there's a button you can press on the fanpages so you get direct notifications!

Thanks for the info guys I immediately turned on notifications for all posts on Merbella's page, that was a good suggestion!

I hope Raven will take silicone orders in the future again, she is SO talented... I have a feeling she is overworked. Perhaps she could hire some assistants... but that's up to her, of course.

Is there any news on this subject? Was anyone able to order a tail in 2019? Are you still waiting? And if you did get your tail, how long did you wait? Thanks in advance <3

Senior Member Pod of Oceania
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLiara View Post
    Is there any news on this subject? Was anyone able to order a tail in 2019? Are you still waiting? And if you did get your tail, how long did you wait? Thanks in advance <3
    I'd send them an email if you have the money saying that your ready to order and see what comes back.
    I ordered mine back in 2016 and I'm still waiting =( Hopefully soon though!!
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syaira View Post
    I'd send them an email if you have the money saying that your ready to order and see what comes back.
    I ordered mine back in 2016 and I'm still waiting =( Hopefully soon though!!
    Since 2017 I have sent several emails (with various subjects) to Merbellas, and I have not once received a reply, that's why I prefer to ask here lol! Aww, so you've been waiting for 4 years? That sucks I really hope you get your tail soon, and that it exceeds your wildest dreams!

Sent from my SM-N960F using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    As far as I know she isn't really taking on new orders outside of when the post on their facebook stating they have X amount of slots open with "Y" production times and are accepting email applications. That was how I made it on the list back in October of 2017 with an open ended production slot. But up until that point, I had simply set notifications up on their FB page posts and Instagram and made sure to check the notifications when I saw them. It gave me lots of extra time to save up for my absolute dream tail while I waited that way.

As far as the emails go, while I can image that is very frustrating I would make a best-guess that they likely receive a rather large amount of emails from folks on a day to day basis. Perhaps that is a contributing factor?

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

What sort of things are you saying in your email other than you want to buy a tail?
    I believe I remember reading in one of the Merbella topics on here that since she takes such limited orders, it helps if you mention what your tail inspiration will be. Anything that might inspire Raven when she reads your email to want to make your tail. I'm sure a ton of people are asking for a tail, but if you were to say, for example, you want a tail that glistens like the sunset on the water with rippling patterns and an hombre fade of dark navy blue to bright orange, maybe that would make you more desirable to take on?

Of course who knows how swamped Merbella is with emails. I hope you can get a tail from her! I certainly love her designs!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus