Thread: Casting Call for an Independent Film in CT

Casting Call for an Independent Film in CT

CASTING CALL!
    (I hope this is okay to post here.)

I make independent films and I am looking for someone to fill the role of one of the mermaids. Our actress had to leave last minute due to scheduling conflicts. This is a fairly large role, and it would be a lot of fun for the right person. We will be filming on Saturdays around the Danbury/Newtown area of Connecticut. Reliable transportation is a must. Acting experience would be nice but isn't necessary as long as you can take direction. Having your own tail is a plus- I do have one for the character but the odds of it fitting the new actress are slim. I would prefer if your tail is fabric because the other lead mermaid is in a fabric tail but I am open to any kind of tail if needed. This is an unpaid job but you will receive credit and you will have one of the most fun experiences of your life. You will also receive a copy of the film when it is finished My team is the most amazing group of people and they are wonderful. This is our third film together. We shoot on Saturdays as I said but you wouldn't be needed every Saturday and I will give you notice as to when you will be needed. We are shooting throughout the summer into the fall and possibly the winter, depending.
    About the movie:
    Out of the Woods is a story about a mermaid's revenge that turns into her redemption. Tucked away in Caershire, Maine there is a haven for mythical creatures. When Amairiah Wren escapes to hunt down her previous captors, her best friend Lyric follows to save her from her dark path. (The mermaids in this film are closest to the mermaids in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as a reference. )

About Lyric:
    Lyric is strong and sweet, as well as one of the most powerful mermaids. Her voice is as weapon she uses very sparingly. She can kill with it if needed. Her main color is blue- she has blue hair (or blue streaks in her hair, again, negotiable depending on casting) and a blue tail, but that may change as well. She is fierce and a warrior but a very kind soul. Someone between 18-23 would fit best, or at least if you look around that age because that's the age range Amairiah's actress is and they've got to appear close in age, and she has to be close enough to the age of the character who ends up being her love interest.

Thank you so much for reading this. If you're Interested let me know, and I'll send you a scene to audition with along with other details. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. (:

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales
    Etsy | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Meghara July View Post
    CASTING CALL!
    (I hope this is okay to post here.)

I make independent films and I am looking for someone to fill the role of one of the mermaids. Our actress had to leave last minute due to scheduling conflicts. This is a fairly large role, and it would be a lot of fun for the right person. We will be filming on Saturdays around the Danbury/Newtown area of Connecticut. Reliable transportation is a must. Acting experience would be nice but isn't necessary as long as you can take direction. Having your own tail is a plus- I do have one for the character but the odds of it fitting the new actress are slim. I would prefer if your tail is fabric because the other lead mermaid is in a fabric tail but I am open to any kind of tail if needed. This is an unpaid job but you will receive credit and you will have one of the most fun experiences of your life. You will also receive a copy of the film when it is finished My team is the most amazing group of people and they are wonderful. This is our third film together. We shoot on Saturdays as I said but you wouldn't be needed every Saturday and I will give you notice as to when you will be needed. We are shooting throughout the summer into the fall and possibly the winter, depending.
    About the movie:
    Out of the Woods is a story about a mermaid's revenge that turns into her redemption. Tucked away in Caershire, Maine there is a haven for mythical creatures. When Amairiah Wren escapes to hunt down her previous captors, her best friend Lyric follows to save her from her dark path. (The mermaids in this film are closest to the mermaids in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as a reference. )

About Lyric:
    Lyric is strong and sweet, as well as one of the most powerful mermaids. Her voice is as weapon she uses very sparingly. She can kill with it if needed. Her main color is blue- she has blue hair (or blue streaks in her hair, again, negotiable depending on casting) and a blue tail, but that may change as well. She is fierce and a warrior but a very kind soul. Someone between 18-23 would fit best, or at least if you look around that age because that's the age range Amairiah's actress is and they've got to appear close in age, and she has to be close enough to the age of the character who ends up being her love interest.

Thank you so much for reading this. If you're Interested let me know, and I'll send you a scene to audition with along with other details. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. (:
    This is really cool! I’m clearly not old enough but we make movies all the time, most for fun but some really good

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Thank you! That's so awesome that you do, too! Movie making is one of the most incredible experiences

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Quote Originally Posted by Meghara July View Post
    Thank you! That's so awesome that you do, too! Movie making is one of the most incredible experiences
    I was born in Connecticut (Stratford) but i moved when I was 18 months

Oh cool! I've lived here my entire life and I cannot wait to move some day But until then, I'm making the most of it

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Bumping

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

The part has been filled

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Hi just seeing this now how awesome and i know a mermaid that lives in Danbury CT who would be prefect for that role if it hasnt been filled yet let me know she is @Mermaid Wave Bummer just saw it has been filled best of luck keep us in mind for next film cant wait to see this one

Thank you anyway! I really appreciate it I'll definitely post about it when the movie is done and ready to be seen! thank you

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Awesome looking forward to seeing it

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Thank you!

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Junior Member Pod of New England pinki_girl513's Avatar

Visit pinki_girl513's Youtube Channel
    Just seeing this now as I just joined the site, so cool to be seeing that people actually do stuff like this in the state, good luck with the shooting and post! Break a fin 🧜🏼*♀️