Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The MerNation Thread

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel

The MerNation Thread

I know there's already the thread where they introduced themselves, but I think a few tailmakers (hint, hint, Finfolk merpeople ) need threads similar to the Merbellas thread. You know, where we stalk it for pictures, and where people post updates about their tails, etc. I stalk MerNation enough on instagram and facebook, that I guess I'm as good a person as any to start this thread, and keep it updated. I'll start the same way Raina did for Merbellas, with info on their tails and pricing.

About our tails
    These custom made tails are crafted from 100% dragon skinplatinum cure silicone. Dragon skin silicone is the top of the line, industry standard for safe and realistic mermaid tails. The scales and fluke are molded and then assembled to create a custom fit, based on your measurements. Our paints are made of specially formulated silicones, which are then airbrushed onto the tail to match your design specifications. These paints will not fade, scrape off or change colors, as they are bonded directly into the tail. Each fluke contains a Finis wave or rapid monofin, based on shoe size.

Our promise

We understand the importance of your tail and know that it is more than a costume; it is a part of you! This is why we have dedicated ourselves to serving you, and providing you with unmatched customer service. You will be involved in every step of the tail making process, receiving regular photo updates of your tail and a return call or email within 24 hours. This is a promise. We want to make this a fun and exciting process for our customers, not a hassle. So if you are looking for a tail maker with a focus on customer service, we would love to work with you.

Cost
    Our full silicone tails are $2500 USD. This includes a custom paint job, Finis monofin, custom fit and excellent customer service. Extra fins can be added for an additional cost. Contact us today for a quote!

Production time

You can expect to receive your tail no more than 2 months from full payment and we will work hard to get you your tail much faster than that. We understand that deadlines are important, and not up to us to dictate, so we will do whatever it takes to ensure a speedy and on time delivery. You can expect regular photo updates as your tail comes to life. Rush orders are available and can be negotiated, please contact us regarding your specific requests.

Ordering
    All general inquiries are welcome to email us for more information. Send us your ideas, sketches and thoughts and we will work together to bring your dream to life. When you are ready to order your tail, send us an email with the subject line “Ready to order”. We will then send you our informational packet, which contains payment information, measuring directions and our design maps. Once payment is received in full we will begin production on your tail. This will reserve your spot in “line” and allow us to dedicate our time to working with you.

Why choose MerNation?
    Our company draws from a very diverse background of experience. Artists, business owners and mermaids make up the core of our company. We are professionals who understand that this is a business and you deserve to be provided with the service and products you are paying for. Choosing a new company takes a leap of faith, but if you decide to purchase one of our tails we promise to make your mermaid dreams come true by providing you with a quality product, and exceptional customer service! Come swim with us!

Their E-Mer-gency Clinic
    MerNation is proud to announce a new facet of our company, the e-MER-gency Clinic. Do you have a tail that has seen better days and you can’t reach your original tailmaker or they won’t fix it? Let our team of EMT’s (emergency mermaid technicians) repair your tail and bring it back to its original glory! We understand that a mermaid tail can be a pricy investment, and you want to ensure your tail lasts as long as possible. Over time, all tails will show wear and tear, we are here to help keep yours looking great for as long as possible.

What we repair (list is by no means all inclusive)
    Silicone damage
    Holes/tears
    Broken monofins
    Chipping/fading paint
    Incorrect sizing

How it works
    Contact us at themernation@gmail.com to begin the process of bringing your tail back to life. As with all of our services, we promise a response within 24 hours. Give us as much information as possible, including pictures of your problem areas.

Relevant information includes:
    What your tail is made of. Ex. Platinum cure silicone, tin cure silicone, latex, spandex, neoprene etc..
    Who made your tail
    How long you have had your tail
    What the problem(s) are
    Where the problems are located
    What might have caused the issue
    How often do you use your tail

Once we have all of the information, we will evaluate your situation and determine if, and how, we can help. From there we will develop your “course of treatment” and move forward.

How much does it cost
    Each tail is taken on a case-by-case basis. Cost will be based on the severity of the damage/how extensive the repair is and will be fully disclosed and agreed upon before any repairs begin. The customer is responsible for all associated shipping costs. There is NO COST for an initial evaulation, feel free to email us pictures and we will be happy to take a look.

Last edited by Mermaid Dottie; 03-25-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    I also snagged photos of a few of my favorite tails they've done, to give people an idea of their capabilities.
    Name:  1393594_766552853370904_1563123374_n.jpg
Views: 3185
Size:  125.5 KBName:  1557630_824174800942042_1919898394_n.jpg
Views: 3882
Size:  131.1 KB
    Name:  1011434_847955641897291_1741122072_n.jpg
Views: 3961
Size:  74.9 KBName:  1234965_728478987178291_604033803_n.jpg
Views: 3263
Size:  126.8 KB
    Name:  555356_728474487178741_294081799_n.jpg
Views: 3231
Size:  104.7 KB

They also sell Fabric Tails
    Name:  10154339_872651816094340_2978797975056711167_n.jpg
Views: 3093
Size:  55.9 KB

Sequin Tops
    Name:  8647_683690401657150_148216357_n.jpg
Views: 3083
Size:  99.0 KB

And now they sell Silicone Tops
    Name:  1533732_865813780111477_377149895377823491_n.jpg
Views: 3066
Size:  125.4 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Dottie; 04-22-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Good idea! Mernation seems like a very reliable company. And the tails are beautiful!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Ah yes! I think a lot of tail makers should have threads like this I actually plan on working with Mernation in the future!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Cool! We are so honored to have a thread dedicated to our company, wow!! We will be sure to pop in and check out this thread for questions or if someone is trying to contact us. Feel free to email us at themernation@gmail.com as well! Maybe if we get funny or interesting behind the scenes pictures we can share them here! Little presents for you amazing mernetwork mers <3 Thanks for the support and we are looking forward to continuing to serve you guys! Happy swimming

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Would it also be practical to put in the first post tail templates on here? or dorsal/extra fin/fluke designs which are available? It might help fellow mers planning on ordering tails to know what is already on offer and find it easily. I have seen a picture of the 2 fluke types but not of tail templates (feel free to prove me wrong >_<)

Actually, that's a great idea! When I get back on my desktop I'll post the templates I made for their different flukes in the first post. Thanks for the idea, Ilyena

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Dottie

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel

First Fluke Design
    Name:  MernationBase1.jpg
Views: 3475
Size:  320.8 KB

Second Fluke Design
    Name:  MernationBase2.jpg
Views: 3829
Size:  380.2 KB
    Mermaid Dottie

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    I like them both, Dottie!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Cant see pictures

Uh, oh! Sorry, Drucilla. I'll see what I can do.
    In the meantime, Here's their latest tail:
    Name:  10155520_871414082884780_2497764282024122111_n.jpg
Views: 3043
Size:  139.7 KBName:  10169424_871414132884775_4223648268261205021_n.jpg
Views: 2907
Size:  139.9 KB
    Mermaid Dottie

Did that fix it? (ish? I think the pictures are probably huge, now....)
    Mermaid Dottie

Looks so unique! I love rainbow tails but I won't be sure if I like it until I see it on someone. :P

Name:  10262229_880380511988137_5050254899081261212_n.jpg
Views: 3710
Size:  103.0 KB
    Their galaxy tail all spread out.
    Mermaid Dottie

So, this is what happens when tail makers are waiting for paint to dry between coats and have extra scales lying around....haha

I think I'm in love!

Name:  lauren scale dress.JPG
Views: 3770
Size:  674.8 KB

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Oh this is too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I would kill for a dress like that!! haha!

That looks SO cool but way sweaty & sticky. :P

What I really love about mernation tails are that they are so clean cut looking! With the nice defined scales, and smooth cut flukes, they are simply gorgeous!