Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What's the trick to getting a hold of Mike?!!!!

  1. #1
    Member Pod of Cali neonmermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46

    What's the trick to getting a hold of Mike?!!!!

    I emailed him a couple weeks ago and messaged him on facebook a few days ago. I'm trying to get a slightly rushed order of a silicone tail and I made it very clear that any additional cost won't be a problem. I have the investor for my tail but I want a MVD tail AND I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF HIM!!!!!!


    So frustrating Anybody have any suggestions?? I really don't want to settle for anybody else.

  2. #2
    I'm afraid Mike isn't accepting any more commissions at the moment. As of St. Patty's day "I currently have 4 custom silicone tails 'in the making' around my shop, and 5 more to start." So I'm thinking he isn't going to be accepting any new orders until he is able to catch up with his current orders.

    Congratulations on getting a backer! Raven would also be an excellent tail maker as she is on the same level with Mike and is more likely to have an open slot before he does. Why do you need it rushed?
    Last edited by Mermaid Sirena; 03-27-2012 at 03:28 AM.

    ~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

    Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

  3. #3
    I hate to break it to everyone, but Mike is not answering emails because he is overwhelmed with them. He gets a bunch from little kids and other people who really are not serious about ordering but are asking questions, and to answer every email that comes in when he can't even take any orders would just take too long. He's doesn't want to be a jerk, he just doesn't want to spend alot of time answering emails when there is nothing he can do.

    The only way to get a Mike tail is to A. buy a used one from someone B. watch for him to post that he's taking orders and then email him. C. offer him $10,000 for a tail, that might get his attention....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    I hate to break it to everyone, but Mike is not answering emails because he is overwhelmed with them. He gets a bunch from little kids and other people who really are not serious about ordering but are asking questions, and to answer every email that comes in when he can't even take any orders would just take too long. He's doesn't want to be a jerk, he just doesn't want to spend alot of time answering emails when there is nothing he can do.

    The only way to get a Mike tail is to A. buy a used one from someone B. watch for him to post that he's taking orders and then email him. C. offer him $10,000 for a tail, that might get his attention....
    Hey my offer from mer.yuku days to handle his email and social media in exchange for a favorable rate on a tail (Latex would be fine!) still stands
    Serious Sirenetics

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pod of The South
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    Hey my offer from mer.yuku days to handle his email and social media in exchange for a favorable rate on a tail (Latex would be fine!) still stands
    He really should have someone do that. I simply had questions pertaining to his tails since mid last year. I tried the website, facebook, email, all several times and never got an answer back. 'tis a shame because he is a VERY talented artist, but it looks very bad from a business perspective when you never get back to repeated questions. Yeah, sometimes life gets too crazy and you might be very late with replies, but a business person shouldn't ignore inquiries.

    Earlier this year is when I decided I'd just forget it as a possibility. There are others out there who do answer questions.

    I hope he takes you up on your offer. A lot of artists need good business people to help balance them out and be the best they can be in all ways.

  6. #6
    Oh Lord, what is the deal with little kids emailing tailmakers? We get that too, every day. I only have 40 dollars will you make me a tail? That doesn't even cover the monofin!!!

  7. #7
    SireniaSolaris what questions did you have? They might of been answered on his F.A.Q.

    Chris I think it's just their nature to hope.

    ~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

    Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SireniaSolaris View Post
    I hope he takes you up on your offer.
    There's a bit of a Catch-22 involved in getting in touch with somebody who is bad at returning email and offering to help with their email.

    Come to think of it, this could be part of the interview...
    Serious Sirenetics

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pod of The South
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    256
    No, unfortunately it was nothing to do with anything covered in his FAQ. It was specific to his tail designs having to do with propulsion and drag. And also about the connecting area around the footpocket.

  10. #10
    Member Pod of Cali neonmermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46
    Sooooo frustrating. I feel like sending an email that says I HAVE THE MONEY. READ THIS. hahaha

    If I don't hear back from him in four weeks, I'm getting my tail from Tyler & Raven. I don't doubt that it will be fantastic, but I think Mike is everyone's first choice. He's been doing this for awhile and the results are stunning.

    Can't say why I need it rush ordered because stuff gets stolen on this forum, but you'll see within a few months.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Pod of The South
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by neonmermaid View Post
    Sooooo frustrating. I feel like sending an email that says I HAVE THE MONEY. READ THIS. hahaha

    If I don't hear back from him in four weeks, I'm getting my tail from Tyler & Raven. I don't doubt that it will be fantastic, but I think Mike is everyone's first choice. He's been doing this for awhile and the results are stunning.

    Can't say why I need it rush ordered because stuff gets stolen on this forum, but you'll see within a few months.
    Oh, I wouldn't bet my fins on that. I'd definitely try to get myself a Raen tail before a Mike tail. The CRAFTSMANSHIP is simply stunning. And the questions I had for Mike were based on performance of the tail after hearing some feedback. Since I was neer able to get ahold of him, I'd say based on what I hear of the tails that the performance in Raven's tails are superior to Mike's as well.

    After we saw he work in the Show Us Your Tail Thread, I think a lot of us would put Raen as our first choice. I know I do.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NYC/North Jersey
    Posts
    461
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Just a heads up, Raven does seem to have a waiting list. She said (somewhere, I can't remember where) that she was using her emails in regards to tails as a waitlist, so I would email her asap. Also, she doesn't rush her tails individually- they're stunning and breathtaking, but you can't rush curing silicone. She's been doing the paint job on mine like, one layer at a time to get the colors just right.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,525
    I dont even make tails, and I get WAY too many emails a day from kids asking about tails for a small amount of money @_@

  14. #14
    Lots of good info here... Thanks for the insight


    Hold your breath, Make a wish, Count to three. - Willy Wonka

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •