Thread: My first mono fin experience

My first mono fin experience

July 2,2018 now marks the day I used my first monofin. At first without the neoprene socks the foot pockets were kinda loose around the top of my foot. But my first swim in it was amazing, I could not imagine on how fast I could move under water feeling the current flow past my face. Now I need to learn how to do new techniques on how to hold my breath under water because it takes a lot of every to swim with a monofin on and every time I surfaced I was almost out of breath! But my ankles today are a little sensitive but not in pain enough to prevent me walking. Now I have to swim with a monofin because now it's very awkward for me to swim without one. My sister's go-to charger is arriving in the mail to get the videos off of it so I can post it on my YouTube account.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Yeah. Swimming with a monofin is a blast, isn't it? I got my monofin about six years ago. It is a Finis competitor. What kind did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by TritonsGuard View Post
    Yeah. Swimming with a monofin is a blast, isn't it? I got my monofin about six years ago. It is a Finis competitor. What kind did you use?
    Finis Rapid

Yay Oona! That's awesome! I got my first monofin about one year ago and I was surprised at how fast I could go, even with my somewhat floppy fin fun pro. Monofin (and by extention tailswimming) definitely is addictive. I'm still doing apnea runs/ walks and laps underwater holding my breath, because while I'm not totally out of breath I'm definitely not too strong in the endurance department!

I'm trying to decide what (actual pro.) monofin to get next so, how do you like your Rapid so far? Re-acclimating to legswimming(?) is interesting, after taking off my monofin for the first time I immediately noticed the loss of speed!

I could not imagine on how fast I could move under water feeling the current flow past my face...
    That description is awesome! I can't imagine how cool that is!

Once again, I'm so happy for you! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    Yay Oona! That's awesome! I got my first monofin about one year ago and I was surprised at how fast I could go, even with my somewhat floppy fin fun pro. Monofin (and by extention tailswimming) definitely is addictive. I'm still doing apnea runs/ walks and laps underwater holding my breath, because while I'm not totally out of breath I'm definitely not too strong in the endurance department!

I'm trying to decide what (actual pro.) monofin to get next so, how do you like your Rapid so far? Re-acclimating to legswimming(?) is interesting, after taking off my monofin for the first time I immediately noticed the loss of speed!

That description is awesome! I can't imagine how cool that is!

Once again, I'm so happy for you! Have fun!
    Thanks my parents seen the videos of me swimming and they told me that I looked awsome and I have not got a chance to even look at them yet