Thread: Thinking of doing gigs, need advice.

Thinking of doing gigs, need advice.

Hey it’s been ages since I’ve been here and a perfect time to come back, I recently got a full time job and am finally close to getting a tail. I’ve been practicing my swimming for years in preparation and even swam in monofins any chance I got to get used to swimming, but now begs the question. I wanna be able to put the tail to good use, and try and do gigs as a mermaid. Just one problem, I don’t know if my availability based on my current job would hinder my chances at getting gigs. I’m also trying to move out of my family home so I can’t leave this job. I’m free on weekends and am available at nights on weekdays, would you say it’s possible to balance a full time job AND mermaiding?

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    It depends on what kind of gig you're going for.
    Kid parties, adult parties, charity and promotional events, etc.

Still, with evenings and weekends free, there shouldn't be a problem.
    Since you don't have to rely on gigs to earn your income, you can pick and choose which gigs you want to work and when.
    If you can manage stamina- and health-wise (gigs can be exhausting, not to mention after a long workday!), sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    It depends on what kind of gig you're going for.
    Kid parties, adult parties, charity and promotional events, etc.

Still, with evenings and weekends free, there shouldn't be a problem.
    Since you don't have to rely on gigs to earn your income, you can pick and choose which gigs you want to work and when.
    If you can manage stamina- and health-wise (gigs can be exhausting, not to mention after a long workday!), sure why not.
    Wow really? Coolio <3

If I were to start I might do things like kids parties mostly during the day on weekends, and other events during my evenings.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    hey check out my website if you haven't yet. It's filled with free resources, tutorials, videos, a free online safety course, and books! www.mermaidraina.com

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    hey check out my website if you haven't yet. It's filled with free resources, tutorials, videos, a free online safety course, and books! www.mermaidraina.com
    This is so helpful! I didn’t even think about mold getting into my tail, I’ll definitely read some more of your website.

Most private party work for mermaids occurs Friday nights, Saturday, and Sunday. Yes, the majority of mermaids have full time jobs outside of mermaid party or event work. If, during this period of personal transition, you are feeling overwhelmed or stretched thin on time, you may benefit from working on your act for parties / events and making sure that it's solid rather than obligating yourself to calendar-related party job duties.
    Sheroes Entertainment LLC
    Visit us at:
    www.sheroesentertainment.com
    Follow us on Instagram at: @mermaids_sheroes_entertainment
    Like us on Facebook at:
    https://www.facebook.com/SheroesEntertainment

Hollywood's underwater stunt performance team - stunning professional mermaids and lifeguards available internationally.
    >The Home of LA Mermaid School<

Quote Originally Posted by SheroesEntertainment View Post
    Most private party work for mermaids occurs Friday nights, Saturday, and Sunday. Yes, the majority of mermaids have full time jobs outside of mermaid party or event work. If, during this period of personal transition, you are feeling overwhelmed or stretched thin on time, you may benefit from working on your act for parties / events and making sure that it's solid rather than obligating yourself to calendar-related party job duties.
    That sounds pretty good, not right away tossing myself to the shark and sticking to the small minnow events.

When we first started out we did our first event free to a homeschool group we knew. It was a good low pressure test to see if we thought we could pull it off.
    https://merfaire.com - Mermaid podcast and Yearly Phoenix Festival