Thread: Introduce Yourself

Junior Member Pod of Cali Maleficent98's Avatar
    Add Maleficent98 on Facebook

Smile Introduce Yourself

Hello,

Here I go jumping in with both feet (because my 1st tail is on it's way) "SpLaSh"
    I'll start off and explain why I'm Maleficent98. I was a Cast Member in Parades & Shows @ Disneyland from 1995 - 1998. Electrical Parade, Lion King Celibration, Christmas Fantasy and of course playing Maleficent in Fantasmic.
    I'm a huge Halloween fan. Love makeing costumes.

I've always been in love with Merfolk for years after seeing the Silicone Tails. My 1st starter spandex tail in soon to be delivered! I'd sure love a Dragon Skin Silicone tail but have to save a bit B4 that type of purchase.
    I'm double cirtified in SCUBA both NAUI and PADI but unfortunatly none of my friends are so haven't been diving in a several years.
    I live in Westminster CA and would love to meet a local POD!

I'm thrilled about the new friends I know I'll make and look forward to all of your advice. Please say Hi.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi, I love the name. Since you do love costume making are you going to try to make your own silicon tail, or are you going to buy one just curious?
    Formally Known as Snowprincess

Junior Member Pod of Cali Maleficent98's Avatar
    Add Maleficent98 on Facebook
    Hey Mermaid Roseabella, I've definitely thought of making my own spandex tail or even neoprene. But for the dragon skin silicone I'll leave that up to the professionals.

Hello Maleficent! Congrats on the tail! You worked for Disney? That's cool, if you don't mind my asking, what's your craziest story from that job? I love Halloween as well, definitely my favorite holiday. Your certifications are inspiring, I'm hoping to become PADI certified myself. That's too bad you haven't been diving in a while, I don't know much about diving, but would I be correct in saying that while solo diving is an option the risks are exponentially higher than having someone else there as well? I think silicone is such an interesting material; I wouldn't mind working with it, though I'm with you, definitely not for a whole tail! Welcome to the waters, have fun!