Thread: Hello from the North East

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England

Hello from the North East

Hello All,

Newbie here from north jersey just outside NYC. I've always been interested in the mer-life since i was younger and seeing different movies and shows. Within the last couple of years I've come to see, discover, and explore online that there is this entire mer-community that is growing more and more. I'm 31 (a bit on the older spectrum for someone getting into this I guess). Having been a big guy for so long I would always be shy to even try doing this. Now trying to get my body into shape and hopefully actually dive in (no pun intended) and experience the mer-life. Don't even have a tail yet or at least a monofin but hope to do so soon.

In any case, nice to discover this site/forum and hope it can be a place where I can continue to learn and grow and maybe connect with other mermen and mermaid from my area that can help me grow, find places to practice without being the one weird guy on the spot lol, and learn the ropes.

So hello all and thanks for reading.

Hi Ichthys! Welcome to the waters! Yep, new people discover and join all the time! Maybe it is older on the spectrum, but you'll find that that doesn't really matter here; good on you for staying true to who you are and having the courage to be here and exploring this side of yourself! I can totally understand the shyness, by the way since I've been a member of this community I've noticed how inclusive and non judgemental people are (regardless of size). I remember this picture someone posted a while back for the acronym m.a.s.o. let see if I can find the link... There it is!: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...arium-Mermaids (halfway down the page) Good luck on your fitness goals!

There's so much to learn here and many friends to be made, also thanks to all the fear (read: tail bans) many threads recommending pools that allow tails. Again, welcome!

Pod of New England

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    Hi Ichthys! Welcome to the waters! Yep, new people discover and join all the time! Maybe it is older on the spectrum, but you'll find that that doesn't really matter here; good on you for staying true to who you are and having the courage to be here and exploring this side of yourself! I can totally understand the shyness, by the way since I've been a member of this community I've noticed how inclusive and non judgemental people are (regardless of size). I remember this picture someone posted a while back for the acronym m.a.s.o. let see if I can find the link... There it is!: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...arium-Mermaids (halfway down the page) Good luck on your fitness goals!

There's so much to learn here and many friends to be made, also thanks to all the fear (read: tail bans) many threads recommending pools that allow tails. Again, welcome!
    thank so much Sea~Phoenix Savannah. I appreciate the welcome. And love that MASO pic, that's great lol. Again, thanks ^_^

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    Welcome! Don't worry about age, because you certainly aren't alone. I'm in my 30's as well (and nowhere near the typical skinny body people associate with mers) All that matters is that you have fun with it!

Pod of New England

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Rain View Post
    Welcome! Don't worry about age, because you certainly aren't alone. I'm in my 30's as well (and nowhere near the typical skinny body people associate with mers) All that matters is that you have fun with it!
    Aww thanks Mermaid_Rain. I appreciate the response and yes I do look forward to get into it and just being free and having fun.

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app