Thread: Best Goggles

Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSolstice's Avatar

Best Goggles

Hey everyone,
    I looking for a new set of goggles and am wondering which type of goggles you prefer (ones that cover nose or no) ans what brands you recommend.
    "I must be a mermaid...I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." -Anais Nin

Personally I've been swimming for my entire life and I'm very comfortable in the water, so I never go for the nose covering goggles--that said, my biggest preference is that I HATE the goggles with adjustable or removable nosepieces like the first image below. I've always found that they break, scratch my nose, are too tight, etc. They never work for me, so I prefer pairs where the rubber is all molded into one piece like the second pair example.

From my swim team days, I always swore by Speedo but I haven't really adventured outside that so I don't have anything to compare it much to, haha. But this is a great topic--I'm excited to see how others feel!

EDIT: I think the only time I've wished I had a nose-covering pair of goggles is when I practice bubble rings in the pool, but I just learned how to angle my hand so that I can plug my nose without ruining the bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Personally I've been swimming for my entire life and I'm very comfortable in the water, so I never go for the nose covering goggles--that said, my biggest preference is that I HATE the goggles with adjustable or removable nosepieces like the first image below. I've always found that they break, scratch my nose, are too tight, etc. They never work for me, so I prefer pairs where the rubber is all molded into one piece like the second pair example.

From my swim team days, I always swore by Speedo but I haven't really adventured outside that so I don't have anything to compare it much to, haha. But this is a great topic--I'm excited to see how others feel!

EDIT: I think the only time I've wished I had a nose-covering pair of goggles is when I practice bubble rings in the pool, but I just learned how to angle my hand so that I can plug my nose without ruining the bubbles.
    I agree with the nose thing. It has to be rubber and not molded. The only time I use a nose covering goggle is when I’m snorkeling and mine even allows you to breathe out through your nose.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I went with these finis ones and I've been quite happy with them.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B001GQ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app